What's new
I do not want to sound like a jerk, but it has been a really long time. I know there have been issues and delays (and issues with one individual recently) but updates I think need to happen here as well as on KLOV and we need to keep updates happening. I shipped my cart on Nov 13th of 2023 and I know people have been waiting a lot longer than that.

I am patient and I certainly appreciate the service being provided and again, I do not want to sound like a jerk. But, at the same time, need to know what is up.

The post on KLOV says (on June 7th) should hopefully start shipping in two weeks. Someone else asks on June 11th if the carts were able to be collected by the "2nd party" who could not make it happen. No further info after that. Last time rewrite logged on here is the same date of the post there...June 7th.

I don't believe it is intentional so please don't get me wrong, but one month of blackout when everyone is waiting for some kind of update is just not good.

Last edited:
I have one of the first spots with a deposit of $53. If anyone wants my spot you can PM me and PP the $53 and I'll tell @rewrite you have my spot, if no one wants it, I'm asking for a refund. Transferred to @Veritas978

Last edited:
I'm also done waiting. While I trust that eventually he'll get this across the finish line, my priorities have moved.

I have one of the first spots with a deposit of $53. If anyone wants my spot you can PM me and PP the $53 and I'll tell @rewrite you have my spot, if no one wants it, I'm asking for a refund.

I am in the same boat. I shipped a cart that cost me $113.34 on Aliexpress, and I had paid $15 I believe to send it to Ryan.

@rewrite: If you can please refund me the cost of the cart and shipping I would appreciate it. You can sell it to another member and they can take my spot as well. I have sent you a PM with the total dollar amount and my paypal address to refund me. Afterward you can sell my spot to anyone on the list waiting for the AES version.

Thanks.

Last edited:
While I am a nubie here (n00bie? I am old) in the Arcade Projects forums in regard to my post count, I was recommended here for this project from my home base at AtariAge. I had posted about this in those forums in order to provide a PSA regarding this situation:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/page/1451/#comment-5493186

I hope, really hope that I am wrong here folks. But it's not smelling good. Lots of delays and excuses over the time period, and then this unknown "2nd player" that flakes out. Silence for a month and the apartment I has sent my cart to back in November of 2023 is currently for rent this week (four days listed).

I apologize to Ryan if I am wrong and out of context, and I will publicly apologize about this where I had posted as well if there is a valid reason why there had been silence for what has now been four weeks.

Taking all of the things that I have mentioned any person can see why there is obvious concern. I would not and could not recommend getting on this list (or sending any deposit money no less) until we have clarity on exactly what the status is of this.

If Ryan sees this hopefully, if I do receive the paypal refund for the cart I purchased and sent (which was brand new, I merely received it and shipped it to Ryan) I will post an update and we will be square.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry for this situation, I imagine what it means to have started this thread publicly.
Deciding to make these cart for one person is already not an easy thing, and think about making them for others.
I wouldn't want him to take on too much work.
I don't have a spot on the list and I'm thinking of buying someone's one if they leave the queue.
I don't want to think badly rewrite is an immortal member

Something could be going on in @rewrite life.
He was giving status updates, regularly, until recently.
The lack of updates is concerning but I doubt he's trying to screw anyone over.
Hopefully, he is ok.

Agreed. Of course that thought crossed my mind as well. Hope he is OK and we hear something soon.

Agreed. Of course that thought crossed my mind as well. Hope he is OK and we hear something soon.
I know you're new here, and I know I was the first to mention trading my spot or a refund, but I will say in EVERY SINGLE one of my past transactions with him, he's come through, been fair, generous, and no-nonsense. I do NOT in any way think he won't come through or make things right.

I repeat, I do NOT doubt @rewrite on this project. I'm just moving on to different projects and no longer need this. I know if you want it and can wait, he will deliver.

I'm sure real life has come to the front like it does for many of us and things happen, lets give him some more time to respond.

@rewrite I want to confirm that I have given my spot to @Veritas978 and he PayPal'd me the deposit for the MVS all in one. He knows there is a balance for the remainder and he will pay you directly. Thanks again for doing these, I know it's been a headache and issues in real life. Best of luck to you and everyone in this thread, I look forward to seeing the final product via pictures and updates!

I know you're new here, and I know I was the first to mention trading my spot or a refund, but I will say in EVERY SINGLE one of my past transactions with him, he's come through, been fair, generous, and no-nonsense. I do NOT in any way think he won't come through or make things right.

I repeat, I do NOT doubt @rewrite on this project. I'm just moving on to different projects and no longer need this. I know if you want it and can wait, he will deliver.

I'm sure real life has come to the front like it does for many of us and things happen, lets give him some more time to respond.

He's been a member here since 2015 and I am sure his intention is not at all to screw anyone over. I don't believe that at all.

Something obviously happened and hopefully it is not something serious.

It would be nice to hear something. Does anyone here personally know him? Maybe if so someone can conduct some kind of welfare check? Maybe give him a call and make sure he's alright?

In the little time I have been a member here I have never seen him just drop off the map for weeks on end...his apartment vacated...etc. It's all just a little concerning.

Have not heard anything back from @rewrite .

If anyone wants to paypal me and buy my spot (and my AES 161-in-1 cart that I sent to him) you can have it for $100.

You will have to of course pay the remainder when the cart is completed and ready to ship.

If someone wants it, PM me. Once sold I will post it here that the spot and cart have been transferred to a new owner.

Thanks.

Where are you on the list

I am on line #59 on the Google doc. I am listed as "8bit". I sent in my AES cart to @rewrite in November of 2023, it was confirmed received and as you can see progress was happening in regard to my order.

$100 paypal and someone can take my spot AND the cart. You would just need to pay the modification fee when it is ready.

DM sent. I will post here publicly if my spot sells and to whom.

I am posting to confirm that @Ince now owns my spot on the list (8bit, line #59 on the Google excel sheet) as well as the cart I sent in to @rewrite . He has paid me $50 and will pay another $65 to me when the cart is completed and will pay @rewrite whatever the final fee is for the work.

Back