What's new
@rewrite logged into KLOV on June 18th, and someone was asking him for update on June 11th...seven days before his login and they did not get a response. This tells me that at least at that time he was ok....ok enough to log in. But, didn't answer that post.

I really don't know what to make of this. Well, I do. Been down this road before. But, come on Ryan, save face and just respond to people. Communication is key. Even if you don't have a specific answer and it is out of your hands. Silence is not the answer.

@rewrite logged into KLOV on June 18th, and someone was asking him for update on June 11th...seven days before his login and they did not get a response. This tells me that at least at that time he was ok....ok enough to log in. But, didn't answer that post.

I really don't know what to make of this. Well, I do. Been down this road before. But, come on Ryan, save face and just respond to people. Communication is key. Even if you don't have a specific answer and it is out of your hands. Silence is not the answer.
I think you're referring to me, I'm indecks there at KLOV. Been asking for a name change to HornHeaDD for quite a while lol.

I think something may just be impacting rewrite's life is all. He was pretty on point with replies and whatnot up until this point. While I agree silence isn't the best, I dont really think he's just ignoring things. Honestly, I'm more worried about him as a person than my cart. If something went down and I lost the two carts I sent, Im not out a ton of money so its not the end of the world.

Do I want my cart? Sure! But I just hope he's ok. Does anyone here know him personally? It might be cool to just check in on him just in case.

Yeah, I mean it sucks we’re all holding a bag here for the moment (albeit a small bag), but some things just aren’t that serious. $65 or whatever it was to reserve a cart/spot is not the end of the world.

Anytime I throw money at one of these one/few man niche projects I prepare for some level of disappointment and long waits.

Did rewrite run off with 150 161-1s? Probably not. I hope he’s well and will eventually see this through.

I am interested in getting one MVS cart, when/if they eventually are ready to ship.

I had a bit of "christmas spirit" when i went in on this due to it being december. Paid in full (check the spreadsheet), so i'm watching here. No one with a right mind would buy my place, so i really hope it comes good.

I had a bit of "christmas spirit" when i went in on this due to it being december. Paid in full (check the spreadsheet), so i'm watching here. No one with a right mind would buy my place, so i really hope it comes good.

this looks like an amazing cart - really hope you get it...

i realise it looks unlikely but the awesome owlnonymous did a live stream on his youtube channel and linked to this thread ;

and if you get your cart ; that means there is a chance i can get one too 8|

Is anyone going to give us an update on our carts if not then I guess I won’t ask and assume we all threw our money away

I don't want to be an ass here but please consider how difficult this must be for @rewrite. I doubt very much he has taken your money and ran. The most likely scenario is that he either had a supplier overpromise and underdeliver or the costs just added up and he is unable to cover it. The fact he has not shown his face around here tells me he feels terrible and is trying to find a solution (not something he is obliged to do at all in my book). He had a great idea and put in a lot of time and effort. You guys saw an opportunity and invested. If there was no advantage to you guys you wouldn't have stumped up. Sometimes investment go wrong, sometimes (more often than not) investors loose their money. To be perfectly honest @rewrite most certainly undervalued his time and effort. If it could have been done without this undervalue someone would have already done it. Please don't make the kid feel worse than he already does. I give him massive respect for trying where no one else was prepared too. After all he has done and all the information he has provided to the community anyone who has invested should see that as where their money is now. Maybe you end up with a cart maybe not. But please give the kid a pat on the back for trying, not a bash for falling over. If you do that you have the best chance of this ending the best way possible for everyone. Rant over.

I'm still hopeful. Like I mentioned if I'm out 2 carts, it's not the end of the world. I don't know what's going on in rewrites life. Maybe BigP is right and he might be waiting to show up with a solution or something. But yeah, rewrite if you're seeing this using an alt account or whatever (I am NOT claiming that's what's happening, btw) I ain't got ill will here.

I've gone down another avenue to get something like this, but at the same time, I'm sticking to my order. Rewrite was kind enough to start this project after I and others realized this was not in our skill set.

I'm ok with where we are at this point. But honestly, truthfully I'm more worried about the guy. Dude I hope you are ok, I know you were going through some stuff earlier in this thread.

But for real, ignore the Google doc right now - just let us know you're breathing. We can get to the cart thing later.

I don't want to be an ass here but please consider how difficult this must be for @rewrite. I doubt very much he has taken your money and ran. The most likely scenario is that he either had a supplier overpromise and underdeliver or the costs just added up and he is unable to cover it. The fact he has not shown his face around here tells me he feels terrible and is trying to find a solution (not something he is obliged to do at all in my book). He had a great idea and put in a lot of time and effort. You guys saw an opportunity and invested. If there was no advantage to you guys you wouldn't have stumped up. Sometimes investment go wrong, sometimes (more often than not) investors loose their money. To be perfectly honest @rewrite most certainly undervalued his time and effort. If it could have been done without this undervalue someone would have already done it. Please don't make the kid feel worse than he already does. I give him massive respect for trying where no one else was prepared too. After all he has done and all the information he has provided to the community anyone who has invested should see that as where their money is now. Maybe you end up with a cart maybe not. But please give the kid a pat on the back for trying, not a bash for falling over. If you do that you have the best chance of this ending the best way possible for everyone. Rant over.
Regarding @rewrite, I've been supportive of him during his hiatus. I truly hope he's ok. I'm patiently hoping he gets everything sorted out.

That being said, unless he doesn't have access to the internet, we probably should have received some sort of update at this point. Until June, @rewrite was very communicative and gave frequent updates; good or bad. Most people have been VERY patient with the project.

Regarding your comments - This wasn't an investment. It was a sale. Cash for goods. It was never pitched as "maybe it will work out". Not to my knowledge. The initial time frame suggested we might have some of these carts by late 2023 or early 2024. He wanted to bang them out while few was not working. That's my recollection.

I'm not saying I think you're correct that @rewrite is too embarrassed to show his face. But if that was the case, embarrassment is never a valid reason to avoid your responsibilities.

If this goes completely sideways (which is starting to look likely) many people will feel negatively about it. It will probably also damage @rewrite's reputation with most of the community.

Let's hope for a positive resolution, but let's also not tell anyone how to feel about the situation.

Very well spoken totally agree
Regarding @rewrite, I've been supportive of him during his hiatus. I truly hope he's ok. I'm patiently hoping he gets everything sorted out.

That being said, unless he doesn't have access to the internet, we probably should have received some sort of update at this point. Until June, @rewrite was very communicative and gave frequent updates; good or bad. Most people have been VERY patient with the project.

Regarding your comments - This wasn't an investment. It was a sale. Cash for goods. It was never pitched as "maybe it will work out". Not to my knowledge. The initial time frame suggested we might have some of these carts by late 2023 or early 2024. He wanted to bang them out while few was not working. That's my recollection.

I'm not saying I think you're correct that @rewrite is too embarrassed to show his face. But if that was the case, embarrassment is never a valid reason to avoid your responsibilities.

If this goes completely sideways (which is starting to look likely) many people will feel negatively about it. It will probably also damage @rewrite's reputation with most of the community.

Let's hope for a positive resolution, but let's also not tell anyone how to feel about the situation.

I don't want to get into an argument about this and I can understand why some people may think of it like that...
BUT there was no physical product at the time of investment. @rewrite was pretty clear that he needed a cart and deposit to fund the process, and if he could have funded the process without that, he would have almost certainly done so and maximised profit. That's starting to sound awful like SEED capital and an investment to me. You get a cart cheaper than would otherwise be possible and @rewrite gets SEED capital to fund the process.
If he advertised pre made carts I would feel totally different about this. Nothing in this world is free and in this case without a pre made cart the price discount on the process unfortunately comes with an element of risk. @rewrite was pretty clear about his position and the requirements and that's why I considered this an investment not a sale.
The kid has provided so much information about the process to the community. Anyone with the right skill set would be able to get this done now. The fact that no one has picked this up with all of that information is telling me something. I just hope the kid is alright and dosen't feel like he is a bad person for not succeeding and responsible for the loss. Many businesses go bankrupt, many investors and creditors lose their money its not on @rewite. An honest attempt to do some good that didn't work, you almost got there well done, its not your fault, get back up and try again.

The fact that no one has picked this up with all of that information is telling me something.

Let me stop you right there. I held myself back multiple times posting here - even deleted posts. But when I see false statements like this, enough is enough. Many people have now successfully made this cart. I've personally made over 30 of them since October 2023 and sold them first to local customers in Canada before posting here (search for my name to see this)

A lot of people got on the waiting list to buy the cart. They were not investing in Rewrite to do R&D to figure out how to do this. Rewrite didn't invent the process, the software, the PCBs.. he did exactly what I did. Spend insane amount of hours reading on how to do this and selling his time for profit; just like me, and many others.

This was never a kickstarter or gofundme.

I hope rewrite is ok; at the end of the day for many us this is just a hobby and not a job and personal health comes first.

I don't want to get into an argument about this and I can understand why some people may think of it like that...
BUT there was no physical product at the time of investment. @rewrite was pretty clear that he needed a cart and deposit to fund the process, and if he could have funded the process without that, he would have almost certainly done so and maximised profit. That's starting to sound awful like SEED capital and an investment to me. You get a cart cheaper than would otherwise be possible and @rewrite gets SEED capital to fund the process.
If he advertised pre made carts I would feel totally different about this. Nothing in this world is free and in this case without a pre made cart the price discount on the process unfortunately comes with an element of risk. @rewrite was pretty clear about his position and the requirements and that's why I considered this an investment not a sale.
The kid has provided so much information about the process to the community. Anyone with the right skill set would be able to get this done now. The fact that no one has picked this up with all of that information is telling me something. I just hope the kid is alright and dosen't feel like he is a bad person for not succeeding and responsible for the loss. Many businesses go bankrupt, many investors and creditors lose their money its not on @rewite. An honest attempt to do some good that didn't work, you almost got there well done, its not your fault, get back up and try again.
I really don't think there's anything to argue about. The vast majority of people here are adults and understand how responsibility works.

Nobody asked rewrite to make these carts. He offered to make them as a for profit service. His idea. He chose the business model. We were all happy to sign up and send deposits. He is responsible for delivering.

Nobody wishes ill on @rewrite. We all hope he's ok, I'm sure. But if he is not very ill or something worse (God forbid), he should have provided some update at some point. He took on that responsibility when he took deposits, even if they were only for the cost of the carts. They are other people's property.

This probably sounds like I'm mad or angry about the delay. I'm not. I don't have a big issue with the delay or if I lose the money (although I'd rather not if it can be helped). But when I see someone making the excuses, that I wouldn't think an adult would make, I feel like something needs to be said.

You seem to like to read between the lines and make analogies. The rest of us are dealing with facts. What was sold and what was promised.

You have tried to make your point. We all know you don't care if you ever get your cart. You are just glad he tried. That's good for you. Don't try to convince anyone else how they should feel. The response to rewrite's MIA status has been very mild.

Many people have now successfully made this cart. I've personally made over 30 of them since October 2023 and sold them first to local customers in Canada before posting here (search for my name to see this)
You are 100% correct, I apologise for making this assumption.
Rewrite didn't invent the process, the software, the PCBs.. he did exactly what I did. Spend insane amount of hours reading on how to do this and selling his time for profit; just like me, and many others.
Agreed. My main point here is that the information collated as a result of this thread, and I know there are other contributors, is an extremely valuable resource. The information collated would save me many days, if not weeks, in research if I was to comple the process. All of those contributions should be celebrated.
I really don't think there's anything to argue about. The vast majority of people here are adults and understand how responsibility works.
Agreed.
The response to rewrite's MIA status has been very mild.
Agreed, I just hope it stays that way. The kid almost certainly didn't set out to hurt anyone. Something has happened, whatever that be, his personal welfare is much more important. I just wanted to remind people of that, while pointing out that a transaction such as this comes with a completely different set of risks and rewards to a standard one and the parameters were clearly set, whatever you choose to call it.
Yes he has a responsibility to communicate the situation and the fact that he has not leads me to assume that he is not in a good place. This may or may not be because of this project, but we all share the responsibility of ensuring we don't put him in a worse place and I wanted to remind people of that.
I would like to thank everyone for their response to my original post as they allowed me to reflect on its content and ensure that the key message was communicated. This will be my last one on this topic as I have said all I wanted too.

Back