What's new

gamezer0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from an MS9 that I picked up recently. It got its flyback replaced (due to a focus issue) and I recently noticed that the green bleeds if I turn it up on the remote. This video was recorded with the remote pot at max value, but even at a normal value there is a bit of bleeding. No bleeding at all on the R and B channels. Is this normal and can be fixed with more tweaking of pots, or is there an actual issue?

MS9-29 green bleeding video

51E16796-A4B4-49E4-B403-F8022B852EDE.jpeg

Thanks

There's zener diodes on the neck board that can break down and start leaking current. Try swapping them between the color circuits to see if it makes a difference.

30x is red, 31x is green, 32x is blue.

As I'm not great at electronics and the chassis repair is still under warranty, I'd prefer to not solder/desolder stuff for now, but thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Last night I tried adjusting the G pot on the chassis. It was too low, so turning it up and then the G on remote board down, doesn't display the issue (and the colors look amazing). I'll keep an eye on it, and test the tube with another MS9 I have; otherwise I'll send back for repair.

Thanks again.

Reactions: nem
Back