What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
Every time I turn on my Viewlix. I have to hold the A button down on my CP to get it to recognize the switch.

Is there a way to force to only switch so I don't have to hold a key on boot process?

or maybe a companion usb that forces switch mode?

Every time I turn on my Viewlix. I have to hold the A button down on my CP to get it to recognize the switch.

Is there a way to force to only switch so I don't have to hold a key on boot process?

or maybe a companion usb that forces switch mode?
I had the same issue and took a different approach. I wired an on/off switch to the usb connection from the brooks ufb and have it mounted in a heartcade panel on my cp. I found one on amazon that attaches perfectly in a 30mm button hole. Since I use a few consoles/pc it makes it super easy to switch modes on the fly.

I had the same issue and took a different approach. I wired an on/off switch to the usb connection from the brooks ufb and have it mounted in a heartcade panel on my cp. I found one on amazon that attaches perfectly in a 30mm button hole. Since I use a few consoles/pc it makes it super easy to switch modes on the fly.
The problem I have is I don't want my employees opening up panels to start their experience.

Their not in the hobby and I want them to sit down and enjoy a game with little effort. If they were to close the panel on a wire or improperly lock the panel, It would be an issue.

It would be nice if Brooks could have a manual jumper for the connected consoles. I guess I'm being wishful at this point

The problem I have is I don't want my employees opening up panels to start their experience.

Their not in the hobby and I want them to sit down and enjoy a game with little effort. If they were to close the panel on a wire or improperly lock the panel, It would be an issue.

It would be nice if Brooks could have a manual jumper for the connected consoles. I guess I'm being wishful at this point
Not to derail but my mod with the switch isn't inside the cabinet, I'll include a pic. Its the little rocker switch next to the usb ports. I agree though, they should have a default setting you can set or something baked into the board.

Attachments

• 20230215_183107.jpg
    20230215_183107.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 45
Not to derail but my mod with the switch isn't inside the cabinet, I'll include a pic. Its the little rocker switch next to the usb ports. I agree though, they should have a default setting you can set or something baked into the board.
I like your mod. But newcomers don't know how to flip your usb switch and hold kick without a label.

That does make it a lot more comfortable for you though. I like what your putting down.

I like your mod. But newcomers don't know how to flip your usb switch and hold kick without a label.

That does make it a lot more comfortable for you though. I like what your putting down.
Thank you bud! I agree, it wouldn't be a good fit for that situation. I have no idea regarding what I'm about to say. Maybe there's a macro solution where you can program it so the input is fired automatically when the vewlix is turned on. Filter the ufb through a pi or stream deck or teensy or something. I honestly have no idea but I 100% tried to find the answer you're looking for and found nothing, that's how I landed on my setup.

Back