What's new
Honestly could use 3 of these here....will try to see if I could find anyone local to do some CNC cutting, and check on costs.
If the more that are done can decrease overall price, I'm in for one as well

I got the test cuts in .030 chip board which I didn't really consider just how thin and flimsy it is, it's basically paper. They're useful for stencils to cut your own at least.

The slot around the coin chute is a little tight, I'm going to widen it a few mm and then I'll post the file.

I'm going to order it again in a real material if anyone wants to wait for that before ordering their own.

PXL_20240912_224145148.jpg

$180 for initial cut is still pretty nuts. Thanks for putting this together. Will explore my options.

Last edited:
Thanks, @notsonic !

SendCutSend really f'ed up my print of Telpherion's Killer Instinct acrylic case, but Ponoko was great, so I went to them this time. I uploaded notsonic's DXF to Ponoko, chose birch plywood 0.244", and ordered for $71.73. That price includes human review, which was important last time since Telpherion's files used different conventions than they expected for engrave vs. cut.

Thanks, @notsonic !

SendCutSend really f'ed up my print of Telpherion's Killer Instinct acrylic case, but Ponoko was great, so I went to them this time. I uploaded notsonic's DXF to Ponoko, chose birch plywood 0.244", and ordered for $71.73. That price includes human review, which was important last time since Telpherion's files used different conventions than they expected for engrave vs. cut.
I tried your configuration but still get a size limitation notification that it exceeds maximum material size.

$72 is a ridiculous price for a piece of wood. I paid $90 for 4 in 3/8" mdf from send cut send, which is also not at cheap as I'd like it to be.

$72 is a ridiculous price for a piece of wood. I paid $90 for 4 in 3/8" mdf from send cut send, which is also not at cheap as I'd like it to be.

Yeah, you could wait for Ryobi Days at home depot, and make something that wasn't perfect or lasercut, but would still pass muster, and it would be an infinitely better investment.

Shit, for that matter, go down to your local pawn shop, and find a corded black and decker jigsaw for like 20$. Get a pack of blades and the wood, and be in for under 50, and you still have a nice jigsaw for later.

EDIT: @notsonic - Thank you for the file, seriously. Nothing I've said here, was said with the intent to disrespect or insult anyone. Just trying to help protect everyone's pocketbooks.

Doesn't matter what kinda tool it is, emotional, mental, business, drafting, wood or metal.....putting a tool in the box that can be used later, is always a solid investment.

Yeah, you could wait for Ryobi Days at home depot, and make something that wasn't perfect or lasercut, but would still pass muster, and it would be an infinitely better investment.

Shit, for that matter, go down to your local pawn shop, and find a corded black and decker jigsaw for like 20$. Get a pack of blades and the wood, and be in for under 50, and you still have a nice jigsaw for later.
This is all true and wise, but $72 will move this from an eternity in the project backlog to my doorstep. I still have to make or find a dowel to support it, though 😛

I was Curious about this and ran it through sendcutsend with @notsonic's file. $37 shipped is what I got unless I'm missing something here.
This is really good price !

And if lets say you want to order 10 units the price is 16.6$ usd / unit , for 2 units is 25$ - wood / mdf - 9.5mm

Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 8.37.01 PM.png

This is really good price !

And if lets say you want to order 10 units the price is 16.6$ usd / unit , for 2 units is 25$ - wood / mdf - 9.5mm

Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 8.37.01 PM.png
9.5mm is a good thickness. The Mini Cute PCB mounting board is 9mm thick and it has been holding my Naomi just fine for a couple of years now.

Back