What's new

ImportantBet

Grand Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know which screws go in the standoff like pictured below? It seems to be M3 sized, but I can't determine which length to use. Measuring it in person, I'm thinking M3x20 or perhaps a bit longer?

Would be grateful if someone could pull one out of their existing amp to help out.

psu1.jpg

That's easy :) The screws are the same as the ones standing the PSU itself to the Amp. : They are ''M SCR PH W-FS M4 X 14''
Which means ''pan head machine screw with flat and spring washer''. Size : M4. Lenght : 14mm. Flat washer dia. : 10 mm. Flat washer thick. : 0.8 mm.

That's easy :) The screws are the same as the ones standing the PSU itself to the Amp. : They are ''M SCR PH W-FS M4 X 14''
Which means ''pan head machine screw with flat and spring washer''. Size : M4. Lenght : 14mm. Flat washer dia. : 10 mm. Flat washer thick. : 0.8 mm.
Can you post your sources or were you just eyeballing?

There is no sound amp in my manual, only the PSU. Maybe they added the amp on furthers editions
Get a manual, you'll find all the infos inside.
Another way to find out is simply checking the thread on the cash panels floor at that exact emplacement where goes the amp. and you will see the thread and the size is made for the same type of screw. Only the lenght would differs depending on your choice. Also, usually machine screws for any kind of metalic object do wear two washers. Also, the platting is 6Cr.
You can be sure that's the same screw. Trust me with confidence ;)

Edit : after our chat on MP, that screw remains a partial mystery. Ive mistaken the place you were talking about. The standoff,as you said is based where you added that tiny yellow circle that I just find out.
Anyway, that screw is still in my opinion the same type of screw than before but maybe an M3 since this size of that standoff should be an M3 threaded.
Regarding the lenght, it's just a matter of measurement. Buy 12, 14 and 16 mm and I'm sure one of them will be the one.

Last edited:
Back