What's new
it's a generic edge connector. as long as you get the right pin count and pitch it will be identical to whatever Namco included in their kits back in the day.

I did also design a 3D printable replica of the key used on the original connectors: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2391981 it's also got a picture of the part number of the connector.

I see maybe i will find that kind of edge connection out there.

The key you made like that seems even better than the normal teeth type. Glad to say so far I've never connected it incorrectly to this date "Jamma that is" and was thinking if you add diodes to the power connectors of the Jamma wires maybe it won't ever fry the pcb in case someone connects it wrong? or will this just cause an anomaly?:huh:

was thinking if you add diodes to the power connectors of the Jamma wires maybe it won't ever fry the pcb in case someone connects it wrong? or will this just cause an anomaly
why complicate with electronics what can be resolved with a hunk of plastic?

all of my JAMMA connectors have keys because if they don't: I break off a piece of plastic from some broken or failed 3D print and shove it in the key pin... problem solved.

Back