What's new
See there on the right? Picture from @pyJamma
20150914_204323_zps6hyfnbmk.jpg

Are there are any differences in terms of performance and functionality between the original kit and the new one? Just asking in case I could have a chance to buy the old one. Thanks

Last edited:
Nee one has a nice connector for key injection, no more those long pins that could break and also you don't care anymore about the PAL installed on B board. Also now the multi fits perfectly on the plastic case.
The LCD Display now also fits better.

Those are the main differences.

Nee one has a nice connector for key injection, no more those long pins that could break and also you don't care anymore about the PAL installed on B board. Also now the multi fits perfectly on the plastic case.
The LCD Display now also fits better.

Those are the main differences.
Understand... I will keep it in mind... Tx

Hi I'm thinking of buying X-Men vs Street Fighter (Gray ASIA) with A+B board would this work with Darksoft CPS2 Champ Edition?

Happy to report I ordered Darksoft kit from CandyCabClub. I will be buying the A&B board X-Men vs SF locally too. Last question is there video instructions on how to install darksoft CE?

Happy to report I ordered Darksoft kit from CandyCabClub. I will be buying the A&B board X-Men vs SF locally too. Last question is there video instructions on how to install darksoft CE?
Hey mate, follow the PDF instructions as there’s a lot of precautionary stuff in there.

Re: videos, I couldn’t find one that @ShootTheCore did (he’s the go-to guy for multi install videos). But I saw this one:

View: https://youtu.be/OIMzO9foebM

Ask here if you run into any issues. Just make sure your CPS-2 set is fully working prior to installation and try get a game with the key writing JST header installed to make things easier :)

Last edited:
Re: videos, I couldn’t find one that @ShootTheCore did (he’s the go-to guy for multi install videos). But I saw this one:

Thanks for the shout out - I have yet to make a Multi install video for a CPS2 Multi simply because I haven't had one cross my bench yet. When one eventually does, I'll make a video. :thumbsup:

Quick question about older CPS2 Multi Darksoft kits that aren't setup with Key Writing abilities. I'm not asking for the files, just asking if they do exist.

But is there a decrypted English language (either USA, ASIA or EUROPEAN) version of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge and the Japanese version of Vampire Hunter 2 - DarkStalkers Revenge?

Last edited:
I think what you want is the roll up pack for the original 1st edition of the multi, me too I just picked up a original multi with the jumper cable to reboot but hasn’t had the sound crackle mod done.

It works but on,y came with a few games, does anyone have a roll up pack that would work with this please.

Thanks 🤩

Ok cool, sorry didn’t realise. Cheers.

I found the decrypted roll up but I get a blue screen each time, I presume I need the decrypted as my multi is still on original firmware.

Last edited:
It depends if you have installed the firmware and the cables that inject keys or not. If you don't you can only run Decrypted Romsets from Team Avalaunch. If you have them, then you should be able to run everything.

Back