What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
I found an article concerning the former locks and keys used on the New Astro. The author says that all the keys are the same (5380). Can you confirm this content?
http://igrekkess.free.fr/blog/index.php/2012/03/04/quelles-pieces-astro-city#.YlyVsdPP1bU

Regarding my cab, the only ''5380'' plastic key is the one for the cashbox door... This is the only door with a 220-5380 lock. Regarding the other doors, they all have some 5577 locks, and all metalic keys.

Attachments

• DSCN9896.JPG
    DSCN9896.JPG
    715 KB · Views: 183
Do you know if the locks diameter is the same as my former ones or a bit bigger?

Correct, 5380 are the original ones. Except for the coin box door obviously.

It's not a big deal to put 100$ for five keys. At least they are originals.

What about the diameter difference between them?

Sp33 : the article says also for the cash box door. Where did you see that exception?

The (N)AC's I've seen all had different locks at the coin box, probably because the operators didn't want people to steal the coins with a generic key. I put a 5380 in there myself, but it doesn't work as nicely as the lock that was in there when I got the cab. Not sure if a 5380 would be factory stock, but it might have been.

That's right Nem.
For exemple : Tops sells 5575 as for Blast and NC and 5380 for Astro and New Astro. So, without any particular comment on their listing, it looks like all the locks are the same for each doors, including the control panel locks. But as you say, the Cach box doors ref is 5046. But where to find that unique lock?

5575 is the stock key for Blast City and Net City.

It wasn't. Coin box door was uniquely keyed. You can check the manual, different part number.
Good to know, that's what I assumed but I wasn't sure.

Hello fellow Enthusiasts,

I am still trying to find out what the correct locks for my Astro City are.

I ordered these and I am afraid that these are not the right dimensions:

EG STARTS 5X 1 1/8" Office Cabinet Door Locks Cash Door Tool Box Tubular Cam Lock Cylinder Chrome Finish Keyed Alike 5 Keys Arcade Lock https://a.co/d/gDIHZO2

What are the correct dimensions for the Astro city?

Why did you order these junk locks from Amazon? You can order the correct and original locks by Sophia Corp.

Why did you order these junk locks from Amazon? You can order the correct and original locks by Sophia Corp.
I tried looking and couldn't find these. Do you have a link? Thank you!

Hello 👋 anyone knows where I can find 5380 key and locks for the Astro? Thank you so much

Hello 👋 anyone knows where I can find 5380 key and locks for the Astro? Thank you so much
I recommend setting up a buyee search alert for “Sega 5380” or just “5380.” They go up on yahoo Japan every now and then. They sell for around $15-30 USD each. Just depends how many people are bidding.

Get two so that you can unlock both sides of the control panel.

For the locks themselves you should be able to find some using that same search. They are pretty easy to find so I wouldn’t spend more than $5 per lock

Back