What's new

ArcadeBattler

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently got a full sega model 1 cage (minus the sound stuff). I just got all the power and video hooked up but its just giving me a blue screen with some white dots on it.

There's no led activity on the main board stack, and there is only the power led lit up on the io board.

Some advice on where to start looking for problems would be appreciated. I have a logic probe and scope available to me to test things. One question I have is the third pin on the z80 located on the io board is stuck low, I'm wondering if this is indicating a problem with the eeprom data?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I recently got a full sega model 1 cage (minus the sound stuff). I just got all the power and video hooked up but its just giving me a blue screen with some white dots on it.

There's no led activity on the main board stack, and there is only the power led lit up on the io board.

Some advice on where to start looking for problems would be appreciated. I have a logic probe and scope available to me to test things. One question I have is the third pin on the z80 located on the io board is stuck low, I'm wondering if this is indicating a problem with the eeprom data?

Thanks!
You need to have a properly connected working IO board or you get the blue screen - maybe double check all of the connections from the main board and power to the IO board?

Back