What's new
I've played Beneath a Steel Sky on PC (it had a DOS release as well) and it is a brilliant game

The MSX2+ with ram upgrade is awesome.

I got the Sony F1XDJ HitBit+

I started with a mega flash rom floppy disk. But my disk drive image was wobbly and crashed sometimes.

I got the Megaflashrom cart and it has been really good in spite of Dsk images being difficult to load.

The benefit of smooth scrolling on the msx2+ was great for Spacemanbow and Gradius Arcade, Nemesis 2 patch, Nemesis 3 HD And salamander update, but I still prefer the chop of the original speed.

Even though I have the flash rom. I love my nemesis, penguin adventure, q Bert cartridge combo along with boxes.

I cannot get aleste 2 dsk working for the life of me.
It crashes after the title image.

@hoagtech I can't remember the specifics, but I had that issue with Aleste 2, I believe you have the turn the disk over / change disks after the title image. It's been a while since I played with my MSX and now I own a repro carts for Aleste 1, 2, Kyokugen and Pleasure Hearts...

Aleste 2 contains originally three disks, first has the opening demo and game title (and maybe selection of initial weaponry), but no real game. The game starts from disk 2. It is also possible to start the game straight from disk 2 - you will get only the initial weapon select and then the stage 1 will be loaded. From stage 4 and forward you will need to change to disk 3.

That's worth looking into. Ill have to see the dsk loading procedures for the tenth time to load the proper disk when I need to load Aleste 2.

I thought I would share my MSX2+ setup:

Sony F1XDJ+ Hitbit+ with 2MB RAM upgrade

I love the Sharp X1 controller. No turbo button is needed with the Rensha Slider built into the Hitbit. I also have the unit itself hooked up to a 15' SCART so I can pull it onto the coffee table for Keyboard access and then tuck it into the entertainment center when done.

Nemesis 2 {slot 1} Penguin Adventure {Slot 2}
Gameplay is seen on Mitsibishi XC3725C with OSSC 3x and Scanlines

I dig the Sharp controller - great computer and cool setup! Sony made some of the best MSX-2+ models. :thumbsup:

My MSX is a Panasonic FS-A1ST. I’m using a Hudson Joycard Super-X controller since it has built-in rapid fire. I’ve been exploring expansion cards lately with the V9990 Powergraph graphics expansion, OPL-4 Moon Sound and MIDI-PAK. It’s remarkable how flexible the MSX hardware is with all the expandability.

For display, I’m also using an OSSC upscaler with SCART to an HDTV.

FCE90993-3760-435F-A2E8-851EC94DE870.jpeg

Attachments

• 1150A962-D2CC-4BE2-8C65-96908C90DF10.jpeg
    1150A962-D2CC-4BE2-8C65-96908C90DF10.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I dig the Sharp controller - great computer and cool setup! Sony made some of the best MSX-2+ models. :thumbsup:

My MSX is a Panasonic FS-A1ST. I’m using a Hudson Joycard Super-X controller since it has built-in rapid fire. I’ve been exploring expansion cards lately with the V9990 Powergraph graphics expansion, OPL-4 Moon Sound and MIDI-PAK. It’s remarkable how flexible the MSX hardware is with all the expandability.

For display, I’m also using an OSSC upscaler with SCART to an HDTV.

FCE90993-3760-435F-A2E8-851EC94DE870.jpeg
How did you get the voices working on the nemesis patches on your Megaflash SCC+ ?

I do not have that option and have struggled to enable it.

I know the MFR supports it right?

Back