What's new
I have also played Crisis Zone on a 32” LCD tv before and it worked lol! I might just end up selling the PCB only as I can’t get the guns to mold properly. I have tested one of my prototypes and they work. The led is just as bright as the original one.

Tbh, the issues you’re having sound like a power supply issue. I do know that the gun sensor becomes extremely unstable if the 5v isn’t set high enough. The system shutdown may also indicate PSU problems or overheating.
I haven't had any shutdown issues just the sensor is crosshair is jumping like hell when trying to initialize and you mean the 24v PSU or the main one thats a ATX PSU?

Also why molds? Why not 3d print them sure I haven't got to work on the files but I can really knuckle down if I have to... Or you can sell the PCBS for now and get some money up if the issue is you cant use or have a 3d printer?

I haven't had any shutdown issues just the sensor is crosshair is jumping like hell when trying to initialize and you mean the 24v PSU or the main one thats a ATX PSU?

Also why molds? Why not 3d print them sure I haven't got to work on the files but I can really knuckle down if I have to... Or you can sell the PCBS for now and get some money up if the issue is you cant use or have a 3d printer?
Oh, I misunderstood then, I thought you said that your system shut down. 24v shouldn’t really have any issues as it’s just used for the motor. You need to check the 5v on your PSU and see if it’s good. Also check the 12v on your CCD camera and check if that’s good. The original Sony Namco CCD cameras have a pot on them to adjust the brightness.

Oh righty then, I’ll try your 3D gun and I’ll 3D print it out. I don’t have access to a 3D printer but I can use one of those 3D printing sites. :)

Oh, I misunderstood then, I thought you said that your system shut down. 24v shouldn’t really have any issues as it’s just used for the motor. You need to check the 5v on your PSU and see if it’s good. Also check the 12v on your CCD camera and check if that’s good. The original Sony Namco CCD cameras have a pot on them to adjust the brightness.

Oh righty then, I’ll try your 3D gun and I’ll 3D print it out. I don’t have access to a 3D printer but I can use one of those 3D printing sites. :)
Don't Have it sent off as you need to change the holes for the screws you want to use...again I can pick it back up in the near future!
BTW it was a bad PSU so I swapped it from my TC2 Cabinet.

Gave you a shoutout :p

View: https://youtu.be/giqxfhynFlU

Don't Have it sent off as you need to change the holes for the screws you want to use...again I can pick it back up in the near future!
BTW it was a bad PSU so I swapped it from my TC2 Cabinet.

Gave you a shoutout :p

View: https://youtu.be/giqxfhynFlU
I just saw the video and I am very happy that everything turned out pretty well! I actually did find 2 brand new old stock Crisis Zone gun shells almost a year ago for dirt cheap. I unfortunately sold one earlier this year as I needed to fund another project, however, I still have the other one in pristine condition! It’s still in its bag.
image.jpg

I think this fits here :)

Waiting for custom speaker mounts to arrive for Bose Roommate2, would go to the sides of the camera pod.
Everything is mounted inside the gun tower. Just connect projector or TV and play. Easy to store/move.
May be would repaint the tower later, other than that only gun recoil needs fixing (completly wornout pinion gear inside the motor assembly)

Attachments

• 2022-08-25 01.52.59.jpg
    2022-08-25 01.52.59.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 2022-08-25 01.53.13.jpg
    2022-08-25 01.53.13.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 2022-08-25 01.53.08.jpg
    2022-08-25 01.53.08.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2022-08-25 01.53.15.jpg
    2022-08-25 01.53.15.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 96
Like this it would be.

Attachments

• 2022-08-26 14.13.04.jpg
    2022-08-26 14.13.04.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 83
  • 2022-08-26 14.13.09.jpg
    2022-08-26 14.13.09.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 87
I don't have the topper, and the whole idea of repurposing the gun tower - it's mobility.
Can take to any party (or anime con), hook to any projector and good to go.

A.

Man! It’s so cool you guys have actual cabinet parts or full cabs but I don’t have any lol! I only got the hardware! All three versions of the games: Japanese, American, and censored European. :D

Man! It’s so cool you guys have actual cabinet parts or full cabs but I don’t have any lol! I only got the hardware! All three versions of the games: Japanese, American, and censored European. :D
It was saved from being trashed, I literally paid a person in the other state to ship it to me, so they don't throw it away.
Only the gun tower and the computer survived, TV and TV cabinet were long dead.
Interesting I have received both RAYS and V185 i/o boards.

Was sitting in my closet for almost 2 years, now decided it's time to finish this long project.

UPDATE:
Recoil motor replaced. Original motor is ok, but the smallest pinion gear in it's gearbox was completly worn out.
For the record it is T12 P64 pinion, BUT with 1/8" (3.2mm) bore. Which is impossible to get anywhere.
As a solution this chinese motor from amazon fits perfectly, it is literally drag-n-drop replacement, except you need to solder the wires and connect positive wire to motor's "-", negative to "+", so the direction would be right.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBCMH82 (I got 24v 500rpm one)
$15 motor, shipped home next day is WAY better than getting "NOS" from HongKong for $55 + shipping and who knows how long waiting.
https://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/namco_parts/namco_motor_37gn3649_115/18008.html

Video of recoil in action:
View: https://youtu.be/9sHLPckqT8g

Attachments

• 2022-08-28 18.08.31.jpg
    2022-08-28 18.08.31.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2022-08-28 18.08.20.jpg
    2022-08-28 18.08.20.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Reactions: nem
@ArcadeMachinist I’ve got it and test it. I think it needs 1,000 rpm because I’ve tested the original one, 500rpm seems a bit slow.

original motor (24v)

new motor with 500rpm (24v)

Last edited:
May be, my original motor was not usable at all to compare.
There is no 1000rpm in stock, but 800rpm is available right now.
Should be close enough.
Okay I’ve already ordered the 12v 1,000 rpm. The 12v should be fine? Or do I need 24v because it’s stronger?

Okay I’ve already ordered the 12v 1,000 rpm. The 12v should be fine? Or do I need 24v because it’s stronger?
Power supply feeds 24v to the motor (European version 18v).
Technically you can rewire gun motor harness to 12v.
Motor uses separate 3 pin connector on the gun harness, which has M.VCC (+24v), LED VCC (+5v), M. GND
You can just reconnect M.VCC to 12V PSU +

Power supply feeds 24v to the motor (European version 18v).
Technically you can rewire gun motor harness to 12v.
Motor uses separate 3 pin connector on the gun harness, which has M.VCC (+24v), LED VCC (+5v), M. GND
You can just reconnect M.VCC to 12V PSU +
Thanks! Well, I don’t have any things from crisis zone stuff only motors. I’m looking for 3D models of crisis zone machine gun. If not I might buy from Hong Kong website 99 usd per gun :(

Last edited:
Ok picked up a CMOS camera from aliexpress, this one
TfQIdu1.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32813575552.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.4b071802eISWUa

pretty impressed with the image quality for what it costs, there is a little joystick built into the cable to control the OSD and it can be switched into black and white only mode.

Since there is little to no details on the LEDs used by NAMCO and I don't own a spectrometer I also picked up two different narrow band IR filters on a best guess basis from what was available, 850nm & 940nm (also knocked a up a case for the camera so the bare PCB isn't floating about on the bench).

yjXRTlg.jpg

No IR filter in use
QxLNGIr.jpg

850nm made little difference
ZZRT3wI.jpg

940nm
AsKXPqF.jpg

Pretty easy to guess the approximate wavelength based on those images.

Not that it really matters to anyone here but it's worth noting that the standard and deluxe crisis zone guns actually use different LED boards and apparently (according to the schematic) one uses a 12V supply for the LED and the other uses 5V.
I you have a working link for the camera ? and you can tell me all the spec of the camera you have buy , I need to replace the camera in mine cab, but I have the original bracket and ir filter

Thank you so much! If you ever want some high res pictures of the Crisis Zone gun, tell me as I have a brand new old stock gun. :) I’m in the process of remaking the Crisis Zone IR gun pcb, it’s basically the same thing as the tiny board but with the addition of the motor transistors. That’s the tricky part.
I'm interested in a crisis zone gun pcb, I have write you a PM

I'm interested in a crisis zone gun pcb, I have write you a PM
IMG_3202.jpgIMG_3204.jpg

This is how the PCB looks like (I don't have a spare for sale)
But I have schematics somewhere, if you want it.
Can be reproduced pretty easily, except I don't known where to get that bi-metal temperature protection switch SW1

Or if you mean RAYS pcb, it is harder to get, but it pops up on eBay time to time
https://ebay.com/itm/354201688488
As https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-jvs-i-o-pcbs-documentation-list.18832/post-292855 suggests - it is fully compatible with CrisisZone

Back