What's new
That is a Virtual On board, which is Model2b, that can not run Virtua Fighter 2b.

Also in the future, please attempt to save the images to your phone and add those as attachments. Screenshots make it a little more difficult.

Do you actually have The Virtua Fighter 2 board or are these screenshots from an auction you won?

That is a Virtual On board, which is Model2b, that can not run Virtua Fighter 2b.

Also in the future, please attempt to save the images to your phone and add those as attachments. Screenshots make it a little more difficult.

Do you actually have The Virtua Fighter 2 board or are these screenshots from an auction you won?
My bad I uploaded the wrong pics that’s a board I’m waiting on

Attachments

• IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 18
@Krec9 Both that filter board and the shape of the main-board indicate that is a Model2b. VF2b runs on a Model2a board, which uses a different main board, a separate video board, and a different filter board. Can you take a picture of the ROM board so we can identify the game?

@Segafan1985 Theoretically, yes. The 2a would only use the two power connectors circled in green here on CN3 and CN12.
1722397047151-5v.jpg
I got my new filter board but only one of the 2 connectors circled in green is 10 pin and other is 9pin , but both 5v parts on the filter board are 10 pin (cn3 and cn12) . I don’t think this will work unless I’m just not understanding what I’m doing.

I got my new filter board but only one of the 2 connectors circled in green is 10 pin and other is 9pin , but both 5v parts on the filter board are 10 pin (cn3 and cn12) . I don’t think this will work unless I’m just not understanding what I’m doing.
I got mines up and running with the cable I bought

Okay, apparently I thought the 12v red cable on the one connector and thought it was part of a different connector. In the future, please refrain from posting screenshots of items, and download and repost the original image from an auction so we're able to clearly see the item in the clearest, original resolution. This will help those trying to assist you avoid misunderstandings like this.

That said, you could remove the pins from that 9 pin connector and put them in a 10-pin housing in the same way the current 10-pin has the 8 wires in it.

Back