What's new

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
Heya all

I've recently received a Taito F3 board with Bubble Memories.

Whilst the board does work with sound and all, I've been getting sync issues where the the image is constantly shaking even after setting the sync settings on my upscaler.

From what I've read, F3 boards are notorious about the Sync.

I use a Minigun Supergun and connect it to a Framemeister via JP-21 RGB.

Anyone experienced the same issues in my particular case?

This is a known issue. I have had success on the Framemeister using S-Video input instead of RGB. Not much of a difference in picture quality.

Hmmm, did you use a sort of RGB to S video converter for this?

Last edited:
Heya all

Whilst the board does work with sound and all, I've been getting sync issues where the the image is constantly shaking even after setting the sync settings on my upscaler.

I had the same problem using an OSSC. I used a syncstrike from ArcadeForge Scart to VGA then VGA to OSSC with some settings changed on OSSC. Ive heard the HAS supergun with an adapter fixes this issue but the syncstrike works for me on OSSC. I don't know about Framemeister.
http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/Sync-Strike::15.html?language=en#:~:text=Goal of Sync Strike is,terminals for external PSU (5V)

I had the same problem using an OSSC. I used a syncstrike from ArcadeForge Scart to VGA then VGA to OSSC with some settings changed on OSSC. Ive heard the HAS supergun with an adapter fixes this issue but the syncstrike works for me on OSSC. I don't know about Framemeister.
http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/Sync-Strike::15.html?language=en#:~:text=Goal of Sync Strike is,terminals for external PSU (5V)
Yeah, I've read about this solution for OSSC users which is pretty good. Shame the Framemeister doesn't have VGA input.

Might have to take djsheep's idea and get a RGB to S video converter.....

Has anyone used this:

https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/retrotink-2x-scart

Wonder if this'll work.

Heya all

Not only the F3 hardware but many of the Taito boards have these kinds of sync issues.
I recently repaired a Liquid Kids pcb that had flashing colors on the screen as well as a cut/unstable image running through my supergun.
even trying to adjust the sync I got no change.
I then decided to run my supergun through a cga to vga converter and I was able to get the colors back and the image was stable but it looked
horrible so I tried to track down the problem.

I first replaced the Toshiba 62064 thinking that would fix the problem but nothing.
I went around and tested the resistors around the sync line and all were ok except R34 which seemed to be making continuity at both ends like it was
bridged.

R34 is a 33ohm resistor so I looked for a replacement in my parts but all I could find was an 11ohm resistor. I put one end in connecting to the 62064
and connected the other end directly to the left side of the ferrite bead filter and it restored my sync perfectly. no more trouble and I could adjust the sync
on my supergun a little as well.

If you have the chance, try changing out the resistor and connecting the other end directly to the filter and see if that changes anything.

The resistor on mine sticks out like a sore thumb but works like a charm. See pics below

Attachments

• DSC_0708.JPG
    DSC_0708.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_0747.JPG
    DSC_0747.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_0751 (1).JPG
    DSC_0751 (1).JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 145
Not only the F3 hardware but many of the Taito boards have these kinds of sync issues.
I recently repaired a Liquid Kids pcb that had flashing colors on the screen as well as a cut/unstable image running through my supergun.
even trying to adjust the sync I got no change.
I then decided to run my supergun through a cga to vga converter and I was able to get the colors back and the image was stable but it looked
horrible so I tried to track down the problem.

I first replaced the Toshiba 62064 thinking that would fix the problem but nothing.
I went around and tested the resistors around the sync line and all were ok except R34 which seemed to be making continuity at both ends like it was
bridged.

R34 is a 33ohm resistor so I looked for a replacement in my parts but all I could find was an 11ohm resistor. I put one end in connecting to the 62064
and connected the other end directly to the left side of the ferrite bead filter and it restored my sync perfectly. no more trouble and I could adjust the sync
on my supergun a little as well.

If you have the chance, try changing out the resistor and connecting the other end directly to the filter and see if that changes anything.

The resistor on mine sticks out like a sore thumb but works like a charm. See pics below
Interesting Insight, will have a look at this. Cheers!

I have a taito board with sync issues (final blow). I purchased an image adjustment pcb that goes between the Jamma edge and the Supergun.

The reason my taito board doesn't sync is because the image is not in the correct place on the screen. This pcb allows me to adjust the placement of the image on the screen (H & V) and I have no trouble syncing my taito board anymore.

The pcb is relatively inexpensive and might be worth a try.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32910...er_id=3d0cf0548a3c43129d074e48518cea9d&is_c=N

Back