What's new

Mageta the Lion

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

Does someone have pics of an original Atlus Power Instinct (1)?
So far i only have seen Boards without a keyed Jamma Edge and it seems people always state that as the reason why a board is a bootleg and it reached the point where I'm getting doubtful that there is even a version with a keyed Jamma edge.
So can someone lay my doubts to rest and Post a pic of a genuine Power Instinct 1? (A whole Kit pic would be double-plus-good)

This is a pic of mine

17151663123465542236.jpg

That is a bootleg too. Originals will have custom chips and atlus logo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 22
WOW I was just thinking about making a post about this because this board has some very convincing looking bootlegs.

Original Power Instinct / Gōketsuji Ichizoku is on the NMK16 hardware (despite having a separate driver in MAME, it really should be merged)
this means originals have NMK branded customs on it.

Here is the real original Legit board:
power_instinct.jpg

Note the two QFP customs have the NMK logo on them as well as the NMK custom in the center near the serial number sticker, and the ATLAS logo on the bottom edge.
I've seen some of these with blacked out or scratched out customs (I'd guess they started doing this after so many bootlegs started popping up)

There is also a Prototype/location test variant of this board, here's a picture next to the more common production version:
20190821_210649.jpg

As for bootlegs there are many. Here are some common bootleg versions of this board:
power_instinct_bootleg_a1.jpg

1715139872735.png

power_instinct_bootleg_b.jpg

power_instinct_bootleg_c1.jpg

That last one is specifically convincing due to it having the JAMMA notch and a legit looking Atlus logo along with Atlus stickers on the roms, but it's still a bootleg.
the dead give-away is the use of socketed ASICS instead of the soldered QFP NMK customs

Last edited:
Back