What's new
if you're not sure then I recommend first re-flashing the firmware to the latest version
second making sure you're choosing games that actually load/play and not display an error on screen.
then we'll see if the reset is still an issue.

if you're not sure then I recommend first re-flashing the firmware to the latest version
second making sure you're choosing games that actually load/play and not display an error on screen.
then we'll see if the reset is still an issue.
Flashing the firmware on the STV multi cart?

Last edited:
Just saw this conversation. There are already good answers. This will not solve the reset issue, but unless you have yet multibios in the ST-V motherboard, get that now too. After that the ROMs can be any region.

Hi,

i also have the Multi Cart and i don't know if it's fit into troubleshooting but when i use the cart the picture is rotated (180 degrees). I have a cab with hoirzontal screen and when i use any other Jamma PCB every games looks good. As soon as i connect the Sega-STV board with cart the picture is top - down. Can anyone help me with this ? THX

Perfect so i'll give it a try. Is it depending on the game or a general sega-st-v issue ?

All settings are saved on the board so they will persist through power cycles. I believe that Cabinet Settings also persists through game changes, so once you set a cabinet type then it should persist as you change games.

Game-specific settings persist through power cycles but reset to defaults when you change games. Remember that when the STV was originally used in a commercial arcade environment, games wouldn’t be changed very often, so operators expect to go into the Service Menu when changing a game to set it up for the first time.

Okay, Got my STV multi today and it seems to be working okay.
but after I get the game loaded up it will boot, then freeze.
it always happens at the same spot in each game, any ideas?

okay, tested with 2 other SD cards freshly formatted to Fat32 on windows (both sandisk, the card i had first tried was transcend)
verified +5.0v on the nose
games are still freezing at the same spots

Then it must be your STV mobo. Try to do a solder rework on both SH2. That should fix it.

Back