What's new

d00mdrew

Grand Master
Reaction score
I recently purchased an MV1-FS (so I can use the credit display board in my U4 cab) and there looks to be an issue with bending at the top of the screen. This also happens with my CBOX on my CRT TV.

My MVS-1B does not have this issue in the cab so it’s got to be an issue with the board.

Any ideas where to start?

Attachments

• IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6070.jpeg
    IMG_6070.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6071.jpeg
    IMG_6071.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6074.jpeg
    IMG_6074.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 62
Try adjusting h or v sync assuming your monitor and remote board have manual adjustments.

Try adjusting h or v sync assuming your monitor and remote board have manual adjustments.
I haven’t, since the chassis I’m using doesn’t have a remote board and adjustments have to be made on the chassis itself. And with the the way the U4 was built, unless you have the hands of a two year old, you can’t reach half of the pots in that scenario (even with an extra long Engineer adjustment tool).

There’s no way it’s a problem with the board? Please don’t make me pull this metal fat boy out of its cubby 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6083.jpeg
    IMG_6083.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 41
It's pretty common to have to adjust sync when switching boards. Even though they're both MVS boards, an MV-1B and MV-1FS are still different. A slight difference in the sync signal wouldn't be unheard of. I'm surprised there's no remote board, but I'm not familiar with that cabinet.

It's pretty common to have to adjust sync when switching boards. Even though they're both MVS boards, an MV-1B and MV-1FS are still different. A slight difference in the sync signal wouldn't be unheard of. I'm surprised there's no remote board, but I'm not familiar with that cabinet.
Makes sense…just figured you tune in one MVS board and it would translate. And yeah I’m not sure what chassis this is either to be honest, not the original is all I know.

Yeah, there's more variation between Neo Geo boards than you'd think; even between two of the same model sometimes. If you're going to be swapping boards in the cab, get used to adjusting the monitor.

This has nothing to do with your display problem, but I suggest you get rid of the original battery and neutralize its acid.
You can clearly see from one of the photos you posted that it has already leaked.

Back