What's new

zionfarm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am chiming in to get some help with second to last capacitor I am replacing. Its C458 and the through hole has lost its top part that solders to the leg. It is located next to a surface mounted resister R474 marked 102. I looked up how to fix through hole trace that is damaged or missing the ring. And since I don't have another donor PCB so I can replace that ring. It looks like that the positive side is linking up to that R474 surface mounted within the PCB. I have enough leg to bend it over to that part. Is it safe to say that there're both connected within the board and is cool to do that?
I have posted photos of the leg when double checking my work and saw there was no pad to solder to and photos of the cap removed and what I can see the underlining running to R474.

Attachments

• IMG_7598.jpg
    IMG_7598.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7609.jpg
    IMG_7609.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7610.jpg
    IMG_7610.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7597.jpg
    IMG_7597.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 21
@cruzlink2 did alot of chassis repairs and i think you can check his notes (i think he post the logs of this kind of repairs on facebook & twitter) . Sorry i cant come with better answer bud :happy: . anyway , should be an easy fix !

@cruzlink2 did alot of chassis repairs and i think you can check his notes (i think he post the logs of this kind of repairs on facebook & twitter) . Sorry i cant come with better answer bud :happy: . anyway , should be an easy fix !
Agreed I did see a post from him last year but the fixes he showed were not like this. I am pretty sure he has done repairs of this nature in the past.

Yea if you can see where the original pad went bend the cap and connect there and on the top side put some hot glue on the cap itself, this is to keep it from accidentally moving and ripping the new place you just attached it to .

Yea if you can see where the original pad went bend the cap and connect there and on the top side put some hot glue on the cap itself, this is to keep it from accidentally moving and ripping the new place you just attached it to .
It did run into the end of the close surface mounted spot.

Back