What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Com-Link board (No. CH9074) that could be used on Jaleco's Cisco Heat and Big Run to link up multiple machines? Here's a scan from the manual:

jaleco_com-link_pcb.jpg

I recently bought a second Cisco Heat, so linking the two cabs would be pretty cool. However, I can't find anything online about it. Apparently, you could link up to four cabs.

Because of the fact Jaleco made com-link boards in Big Run and Cisco Heat optional (entirely for Big Run and non-twin cabs for Cisco Heat), operators would tend to think it would be a waste of money and never bother purchasing this equipment in favor of more fancier twin cabs. These types of optional add on boards are nearly non-existent as a result and need documentation badly. At least Jaleco eventually learned to impelement the necessary com-link hardware for Grand Prix Star pcbs. If I can find a pcb for that game, then maybe I can find out where those link related signals/lines lead to.

Road Riot 4WD kit versions also has the same problem of using an optional link board. While this board is fairly documented, it includes a program rom that remains undumped to this day.

Reactions: nem
Does anyone know anything about the Com-Link board (No. CH9074) that could be used on Jaleco's Cisco Heat and Big Run to link up multiple machines? Here's a scan from the manual:

jaleco_com-link_pcb.jpg

I recently bought a second Cisco Heat, so linking the two cabs would be pretty cool. However, I can't find anything online about it. Apparently, you could link up to four cabs.
Hello and good morning from Germany. I have a Jaleco Big Run and i have a big problem with the "Speed" Padel. Maybe you know somebody who have the game? That would be great. Thanks, Josef

What's your problem with it? It's just a simple microswitch under the gas pedal.

Hi Mem, i simple microswitch? For real? I have seen that switch. But the machine was completely disassembled. The pedal too. I would have expected a poti (Potentiometer in German) for the speed regulation. But where do i have to connect the microswitch. On the PINOUT of the board I only found "Access". So i have one (1) Kabel. And the other two for the Switch? I saw in an old picture that three (3) cables went forward to the pedal. But where do I put them on the PCB board? Thank you for your help - I appreciate that, Josef

Good evening from Munster (Germany).

First:
Thank you for your time and help.

I just looked.

PIN 22 is free. So no cable.

My machine has only one pedal. With a switch.

I am attaching a picture of the connector. And a picture of the pedal. And a picture of the PINOUT (which I found).

ACCEL is on PIN 2. I found that. But where is "brakes".
Then speed, brakes and ground would have to go to the switch. Pressed is "full speed" - not pressed is "brake".

Thanks

Josef

Note: I received the borad like this. The machine was in really bad shape. Someone tried to install a Playstation.

Attachments

• IMG_5874.jpeg
    IMG_5874.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5876.jpeg
    IMG_5876.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5875.jpeg
    IMG_5875.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5872.jpeg
    IMG_5872.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5873.jpeg
    IMG_5873.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5870.jpeg
    IMG_5870.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5869.jpeg
    IMG_5869.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 67
The brake is optional. Not all cabinets have it wired. I wouldn't worry about it.

If there are three wires, then one is Earth ground. It's the green wire with yellow stripe.

Yes - but to what shoud I connect "ACCEL"? To Ground or to +5V?

I can't make out if the switch for the gas pedal has three terminals or two.

You connect Accel to the NO (Normally Open) terminal of the switch and ground to the ground terminal. If there are two terminals, it doesn't really matter which is which. For a 3-terminal one you'll have to look at the side of the switch, the terminals will be labeled.

It works ;) - Thank you very much and greetings from Germany, Josef

Reactions: nem
The COM-LINK board for Big Run and Cisco Heat are definitely different - for Big Run it's:

BR-8956

The picture in the Electrocoin manual suggests its ribbon cable to the boardset, then what looks like 25 pin dsub probably between the cabinets. I've been trying to find one for a while, I suspect it's simple enough that repro could be made if we can get our hands on just one. Might be a bunch of passives at most on there.

Back