What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Sold it, and the buyer is claiming it's a boot but I'm pretty sure that it isn't since I bought it from TheGuru who was claiming it as an original. Would like to verify if anyone could help. It has Alpha Renewal roms on there, that much I know.

http://imgur.com/oG5gFV6
http://imgur.com/Gi5kcpG

Seems legit to me, no EPROMs other than the few with the original label.
On what does the buyer claim the to be a boot?

Seems legit to me, no EPROMs other than the few with the original label.
On what does the buyer claim the to be a boot?
"The board is different from every other legitimate UC board I've come across. There are also no stickers on the board from irem, there are no resistors near the jamma connector, there is no connection at CN4 (even though it's unused, it was there on the other boards). "

SSN sticker bottom left. sticker bottom right. missing capacitors, the "mytundai" chips should be "NEC",
the "CYS001" should be a "Yamaha" chip, different heat sink, orange and green caps insed of blue and red, missing CN4 jumper pins, alot of the small chips should be "taxes instruments", thicker layer PCB, the silver cap that reads "SEOAN" should read "DOC-20", the other silver cab -bottom right should read"DOC-70"

after the Print "M92-A-B" it should have print that reads "93 box, - 1, box,box,8" , there should be 2 indentations in the board(each side) by the second set of screws back from the jamma edge, 2 indentations in the board on the jamma edge side, 2 indentations in the board far side of the jamma edge. Circular metal screw mounting holes, not square.

dJx2XRV.jpg

r-type-leo-pcb-a.jpg

Last edited:
Now I see MissionFailed's pics side by side it looks kinda different, was not that obvious when a saw the picture on my phone.

Will pull out my Gunforce board tonight and see how that compares.

anyone have to sell a Legit official japan "in the hunt" or "r-type leo" let me know. :D

I know there are US, JP, and Korean versions of the game. Would region change affect the board in those manners?

sometimes board have different layouts and caps if they are manufactured in a different country. some board made for the us region(international) can be made in Taiwan instead of japan.

like a made in japan, japan revision Dangun Feveron will have blue caps, wile the international revision made in Taiwan has yellow caps.

the one you got is labeled made in japan. It should have blue and red caps of a higher build quality. I don't think there where any M-92 manufactured outside japan.

the Yamaha YM2151 sound chip is pretty key to the system.

Last edited:
sometimes board have different layouts and caps if they are manufactured in a different country. some board made for the us region(international) can be made in Taiwan instead of japan.

like a made in japan, japan revision Dangun Feveron will have blue caps, wile the international revision made in Taiwan has yellow caps.

the one you got is labeled made in japan. It should have blue and red caps of a higher build quality. I don't think there where any M-92 manufactured outside japan.
Interesting. The board came from TheGuru before I had it, which is part of why I'd never have doubted its authenticity. I'd be surprised if he'd mistaken a boot as the real deal. Anyhow, interested to see how it plays out.

I bought it from TheGuru who was claiming it as an original.
probably not a good idea to trust people that call them self's a "Guru".

"theGuru" never bothered to do a 5 minute google search.

maybe give a refund and pay for return shipping. best you can do. if he wants to keep it he can make an offer. but do what you want. its your world, i just live in it. best of luck with the buyer.

Not to drag anyone into anything, but @Battlesmurf had suggested on KLOV when I was selling it that it may be a Korean version. Maybe he can shed some light on it?

I bought it from TheGuru who was claiming it as an original.
probably not a good idea to trust people that call them self's a "Guru".
"theGuru" never bothered to do a 5 minute google search.

maybe give a refund and pay for return shipping. best you can do. if he wants to keep it he can make an offer. but do what you want. its your world, i just live in it. best of luck with the buyer.
While I agree with you on the general statement about anyone calling themselves Guru, he's not at all an unknown source. He's done quite a bit for MAME. http://members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9jp1_nbn/gurudumps/

Any which way the buyer will end up fine, I can assure that much.

This is what the Japan board looks like like missionfailed pointed out:

Mainboard

m92A mainboard partside.jpg

Daughterboard

Daughtercard_partside.jpg

There has always been questions about the board you have, if its legit, and if indeed it was manufactured for the Korean/World market. But there doesnt seem to be a clear answer. But by looking at the board and comparing it to the Japan board it would make you think its a boot.

and if indeed it was manufactured for the Korean/World market. But there doesnt seem to be a clear answer. But by looking at the board and comparing it to the Japan board it would make you think its a boot.
I can find similar threads questioning the validity of some Korean boards that don't look quite right through Google (couple of threads on shmups/AO) but no conclusive answer. DrKitty sells M92 boards that look identical, I contacted him since he has similar boards and is actually located /in/ Korea, and sent a message to TheGuru asking for his insight since he sold it to me. *shrugs*

the "Korean version" boards are Boots. people bought them, can't admit it there boots. find anything to try and make them legit.

they where made in a Korean factory but they say "made in japan"?

the M-92 is not a M-92 without the Yamaha YM2151

Yes, I'd have to agree, "Korean Version" is the equivalent of "bootleg copy". The lack of the keying on the JAMMA edge is a consistent trait. They often play spot on like the originals, but to a collector, not as desirable.

the "Korean version" boards are Boots. people bought them, can't admit it there boots. find anything to try and make them legit.

they where made in a Korean factory but they say "made in japan"?

the M-92 is not a M-92 without the Yamaha YM2151
Yes, I'd have to agree, "Korean Version" is the equivalent of "bootleg copy". The lack of the keying on the JAMMA edge is a consistent trait. They often play spot on like the originals, but to a collector, not as desirable.
That's what we ended up agreeing on. Partial refund and everyone is happy.

Thank you all for helping out! :D

Bootleg?

IMG_20240128_2355520.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_2355588.jpg
    IMG_20240128_2355588.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240128_2356028.jpg
    IMG_20240128_2356028.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20240128_2356231.jpg
    IMG_20240128_2356231.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 30
Korean, and the sound section doesn't have leaky caps.

Then there's a whole discussion about the korea vs japan import things and 'korean brands first' that i don't wanna get into.

Do you want to play the game, or do you want to collect pcb's from Japan with labels and no duct tape?

Back