What's new
It’s pretty disappointing you've decided to punish those who had enough faith in you in your over three-month absence to buy the slots and carts from those who (very understandably) wanted to back out. Some offers were up for days here and everyone had a chance. Welcome back, please remove me from your waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I still need to install the daughterboards (and install C3 on the dual boards) and test the carts. I'm sure there's some amount of touch-up that will come along with testing as well. With only one AES and one MVS motherboard it'll take a little bit here, especially with work in-between, but I'm basically at the point I'm ready to take payments. I'll reach out with totals across the next week here, order boxes and a couple rolls of bubblewrap, and we'll start getting these the heck out of here.

Given the production issues you've had getting these out, before you take any money from anyone, I urge you to post videos of the carts in action. Videos showing both MVS and AES in action will go a long way in proving to potential buyers that you solved your production issues. This is the bare minimum for any similar venture on any platform where backers fund makers.

Anyway, things are moving right along over this long weekend, and I'll be glad to have these finished up, thrown in boxes, and dropped off with a courier in the coming weeks!
Glad to hear that you are back. I hope you are well and don't have to step on any Hospital or doctors in a long time. Let's see if we can find a solution that is convenient for everyone and get those carts moving.

I think that whoever doxxed you, is already banned, but if we see this again, this person will be banned and exposed at speed light and his doxxing posts removed.

this looks like an amazing cart - really hope you get it...

i realise it looks unlikely but the awesome owlnonymous did a live stream on his youtube channel and linked to this thread ;

and if you get your cart ; that means there is a chance i can get one too 8|

Just quoting myself from back in July - can I put myself down for a cart too ?

I realise that I will be at the end of the list and that is ok

Last edited:
@eightbit posted your address on the atariage forum's neogeo thread too. It's still publicly visible.

Before you get all "taddle taily", Let's get something straight. what I had posted was an apartment for rent listing. It was the address I had send my cart to last November. Why did I check the address? Well, I sent a pretty expensive item to someone and was hoping I could find him and personally reach out (maybe find a phone number?) and discuss... since we've all been sitting in limbo. When I had checked it appeared that he has seemingly disappeared, even leaving his apartment. Had I not found the apartment rental listing online I would not have posted about it. It is not his address. Has not been for months apparently, and wasn't when I had posted it. It was just a publicly advertised apartment for rent listing anyone online can view (on Zillow!)

He mentions "posting a place of employment", and that was NOT me. So, maybe it is someone else who had posted his current address (whatever that may be) and his employment address? If so, that was NOT me. I hope we are clear.

Hey man, I'm glad you are alive and have replied, but some side notes for you:

I did reach out via email and via the PayPal email I sent you, multiple times, there was no reply. While I didn't post any of your info publicly (I'm not sure who did), I DID ask for a refund via email and via PM here AND via KLOV. You never replied to anything.

That being said, I think it's crappy for you to push or bump the person I sold my spot to off the list. That is not cool. You've been gone for a long time with not updates. It's not crazy for some of us to move on. If you really don't want to honor the list as it was, I'd be happy to finish the deal, get the cart and forward it if I have to, but that's not a convenient or cool way to do it.

I DID ask for refund and got zero replies from you. Now you are saying my spot is off the list and the buyer of my spot is SOL? There has to be a better answer here.

I did too. I PM'd and asked for a refund. My message still sits unanswered. And I did NOT have his email. I did not send a deposit, I sent a product (an AES 161-in-1 cartridge) and the entire deal was through AP private messages. No email was exchanged so this website was the only way at least I had in order to communicate with him.

@rewrite : If you do not want people selling their spots and doing side deals then please either refund people who want it or return their item. I think the latter will not work as they are probably not very functional now...certainly not in the condition it was sent.

I told @Ince he could purchase my spot and my cart. Now you are saying you aren't going to honor that? If that is the case you will need refund me the dollar amount I spent on that cartridge. Then you can sell it to someone else on the list whenever this project is done and I can refund @Ince the partial payment he already gave me. Or, make things simple and just honor those sales of spots. I mean, we are talking about MY product here afterall. I purchased it and I send it to you, and paid shipping on top of the cost of the cartridge to do that.

Honoring those spot sales is the least you can do since I currently own nothing else but this "spot" and we are nearing one year since I had shipped the cartridge to you!

I had PM'ed you here on AP on June 28th and as of this post I have not received a reply, not even after you had logged in here to post. So please don't make it sound like you are the victim. Only the people who supported your project and paid or sent goods are out at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Alright, long time no update. Hadn't had much TO update unfortunately. I'd spent a bit of time in and out of the hospital, and I had *thought* that everything was going along smoothly, despite not being terribly timely. I kept getting reassured that things were moving along and kept getting new dates that we'd be ready to ship. I also (wrongly) assumed that my partner in this had updated folks in these threads.

Very recently I got a message from my partner in this that they were simply not going to be able to finish and that I'd have them returned to my doorstep in the next 24 hours as they were going out of town. I didn't know then, but quickly found out that across the entire eight(?) months that they've had the project in their hands that nothing at all got done. Even better: chips got thrown in bags and legs tangled and it's been a fight to straighten that all out.

On the bright side, I have all the PCBs back in hand, and I *believe* everything else as well (still need to count the daughterboards and cases in full). I have across the past few days soldered the S/M chips in place on 61/75 carts, and 75/75 carts' worth of P roms. I imagine these will be finished before tomorrow is out.

I still need to install the daughterboards (and install C3 on the dual boards) and test the carts. I'm sure there's some amount of touch-up that will come along with testing as well. With only one AES and one MVS motherboard it'll take a little bit here, especially with work in-between, but I'm basically at the point I'm ready to take payments. I'll reach out with totals across the next week here, order boxes and a couple rolls of bubblewrap, and we'll start getting these the heck out of here.

Domestic shipping for single cart buyers will be $18.50. I haven't found boxes for buyers of two carts yet so I don't have dims to check the cost, but I'd imagine something like 25-28. International buyers I'll figure out as I get to their spots in line.

Two side notes:

I heard rumblings of people selling their spot in line. I think that's unfair to the people who are on the waitlist, especially since there may be a supply issue for the flashroms for any more carts to be made. For anyone who passes on their cart: I will be moving down the waitlist to find a buyer. I do not intend to honor these side deals as they give an unfair advantage to folks who haven't been waiting as long. Please request a refund if this describes you.

I'd also like to say that posting my home address and one of my places of employment was a pretty cruddy thing to do. I don't know who did it, but I do know Mitsu took care of it. I don't know if they were banned, but I know the post got removed or edited. The same behavior has resulted in a ban for other members, so I hope it did here too. Every single person who sent a deposit has my email, and not one person reached out to it. Posting my personal information publicly instead of sending an email would require a gold medal performance in mental gymnastics to justify. I can't figure out another reason for that decision than being some attempt to cause intentional harm.

Anyway, things are moving right along over this long weekend, and I'll be glad to have these finished up, thrown in boxes, and dropped off with a courier in the coming weeks!
Hi, I'm Baldo from Spain

I'm glad you're okay.

I've sold my reservation to @Koala_Koa, I'm from Europe and after waiting so long and after so long without hearing anything, I wasn't interested.

I hope you respect our agreement.

Thanks

I'm glad you're ok, Ryan. Regardless of this entire thing happening and its status, the fact that you're fine is what counts. It may have started out for many as a "uh, wheres my stuff" feeling after some time passed, but when there was literally no sign from you, people got worried about you. At least thats how I felt and was the general consensus here and on KLOV (apart from a few others that were worried moreso). You had two $50 carts I got, big deal. If you were hurt or incapacitated I don't give two farts about those carts (no rhyme intended).

I know you started this and named me as one of the people who got you thinking about it. For that I am grateful.

Like Baldo, Koala bought my spot. You've already got one of my carts as a down payment, and the second as a donor cart, so as far as I am concerned everyone is covered. I can't tell you to keep what was my spot the same, that's up to you.

It will be up to @Koala_Koa to hit you up for shipping and all that last lap stuff.

But beyond all of this/that and the other thing, it is good to see you're ok. Seriously.

For my part, I don't have any ill will, or 'bad feedback' whatsoever. Heck if I had another couple of carts handy I might have wanted to put myself back on the list (at the end obviously, thats only fair). You're a good dude who opted to do this project for us schlubs that can't. But to be fair, I didnt have an email. I just had your addy that I was given to send the carts. And it was most definitely not me who put out any of your information.

Again - glad you're good man.

Good to hear you are alright! And it really sucks your partner kind of screwed you a bit in this situation. After all the dust settles from preorders and people selling spots, I am still interested.

The selling spots thing is grey grey.

luckily Im not involved so not sticking my head above the parapet. 🫣 Regardless, I think this is still a cool and pretty safe forum compared to what else is out there.

Fwiw my now oldtimey darksoft aes cart is still going strong. 💪🏼

Last edited:
Perhaps a happy medium here is to honor all spots that exchanged hands, and no more swapping spots beyond a certain date.

It may also help assuage people to post videos of the finished product as Leon suggested, prior to taking further funds.

I did reach out via email and via the PayPal email I sent you, multiple times, there was no reply. While I didn't post any of your info publicly (I'm not sure who did), I DID ask for a refund via email and via PM here AND via KLOV. You never replied to anything.
Literally haven't been on either site for months. At what point was I to reply to your PMs during my absence? And for the record I've replied to no PMs as I have 50-something of them, and am just getting through the work first.

Dude, no refund on deposits PERIOD. Who TF would pay you to order parts, then back out and not pay for the remainder of the work, LET ALONE ask for a refund on the stuff you already paid for.

Fuck that noise. Sometimes, I think I'm an asshole and everyone else is too, but other times I realize, I'm an asshole and some people aren't. It's A-HOLE time IMO dude, turn it on!

I DID ask for refund and got zero replies from you. Now you are saying my spot is off the list and the buyer of my spot is SOL? There has to be a better answer here.
At no point did I state that you couldn't buy the cart still, so I don't know how your spot is "off the list", nor have you been refused a refund at this point. Even though you personally championed the no refunds movement for this project, I still haven't refused anything. I am simply working through this as I get to it.

It’s pretty disappointing you've decided to punish those who had enough faith in you in your over three-month absence to buy the slots and carts from those who (very understandably) wanted to back out. Some offers were up for days here and everyone had a chance. Welcome back, please remove me from your waitlist. Good luck everyone!
You're reading the situation backwards. My intent was/is to reward those who have had faith the longest. Those who have been on the waitlist since November should be prioritized over some folks who spent a few bucks in the past month. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense.

It was just a publicly advertised apartment for rent listing anyone online can view (on Zillow!)
So if I post your address off of RedFin or Zillow or Google Maps and state that it's "Just where I sent the cart", I'm not posting your address? You're being silly.

I'm unclear on your position regarding the cart though. You've both requested a refund and sold your spot in different sentences, if you could clarify which is actually the case, I will get one of you or the other taken care of. But I'm not going to refund you and you have been paid for the spot, that doesn't make sense.

I think that whoever doxxed you, is already banned, but if we see this again, this person will be banned and exposed at speed light and his doxxing posts removed.
Please do follow through with your word here, @Darksoft regarding banning them as soon as we've concluded business here. If they've been paid for their spot, our business is done and I will take it up with @Ince , or if they have not been paid for their spot I will refund them so they can be removed from the forum with no outstanding business.

Perhaps a happy medium here is to honor all spots that exchanged hands, and no more swapping spots beyond a certain date.

There isn't a GOOD answer to the selling spots business. I'm either punishing the waitlist people who have been patient and with this project since Nov or the turn of the year, OR I'm punishing the folks who made some deals on the side without my knowledge. Very hard to tell what is the right thing to do. Either way, people who didn't do anything wrong are affected. If there were not an issue of parts availability moving forward I would simply honor them all and continue down the line to the waitlist people. But it seems from the other thread that there won't be availability of V3 carts with quality flashroms on them moving forward, so it's very likely that the waitlist folks will not see a cart at all. So it seems pretty rude to let people cut in line and bump them out entirely. I hope you (and everyone else) can appreciate the dilemma.

I will mull it over across today and have an answer for everyone tomorrow (and deal with refunds then if applicable).

AES for now:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kFPeGxmyyqN3ekhv7

MVS in a bit. My cab speakers are barely audible and I'll have to setup the CMVS I borrowed to take a video that can be heard.

If you've sold/traded/given/whatever your spot to someone, please just make one post regarding it below, so that I can see how big/small of an issue this actually is.

So far I'm aware of:

@XtraSmiley -> @Veritas978
@HornheaDD -> @Koala_Koa
@Baldo206 -> @Koala_Koa
@eightbit -> @Ince

Moving along!

The current state of things is as follows:

All of the SMD work is done aside from ONE M rom (I seem to be short just one chip). Will be looking and ordering a few later today. I'm also seemingly missing a single AES CHA board. I'll be reaching out to my old partner and seeing if it's hidden somewhere on their bench or something. It needed a trace repaired so I wouldn't be surprised if it got set to the side somewhere.

All of the C1 roms need to be rewritten (I'd forgotten this, but it was in my notes), so I'm just programming them as I go along. Slows things down a little, but it's nice to have a rest in-between things.

All of the MVS carts are ready for testing as daughterboards are installed (and thankfully like 55/60 are socketed).

I started on the AES carts first because they don't have sockets and that's a scary prospect, ha. The V roms won't fit in the cart case with sockets, so no choice but to test in a test PCB and then solder in directly. I have 7 fully working AES carts now, and 7 tested working CHA boards (14/15, because of the one missing one). Working on PROG boards to mate up with them as today goes on between meetings.

I've ordered boxes and bubble wrap, and once they come in next week I'll start reaching out with payment details. I think 1/3 of the orders at a time, that way no one is waiting /too/ long between payment and shipment. My hopes are to update how many are done every Friday, and ship out on Mondays (my local post office is closed weekends now). AES carts first, then AES/MVS combo orders (just to get the AES carts out of the house), and then down the list proper with the MVS carts.

And as I said, I will figure out what to do by tomorrow regarding the sold spots, and deal with it in full then. For now, please just post if you've done something with your spot. I've been in this hobby 20 years now with an excellent reputation. No one's getting screwed over, so now that I'm back let's keep the drama to a minimum.

All of the SMD work is done aside from ONE M rom (I seem to be short just one chip). Will be looking and ordering a few later today. I'm also seemingly missing a single AES CHA board. I'll be reaching out to my old partner and seeing if it's hidden somewhere on their bench or something. It needed a trace repaired so I wouldn't be surprised if it got set to the side somewhere.

And as I said, I will figure out what to do by tomorrow regarding the sold spots, and deal with it in full then. For now, please just post if you've done something with your spot. I've been in this hobby 20 years now with an excellent reputation. No one's getting screwed over, so now that I'm back let's keep the drama to a minimum.
Awesome news! Glad to see that this moving forward and everyone will get his cart. I think that giving spots is maybe not 100% fair to others in the queue list, but if it's only 4 or 5 and you have the cart there already, maybe not a good idea to make things more complicated.

Hey man Im curious, on your version of the cart is there a way to soft reboot to the main game list?

You're reading the situation backwards. My intent was/is to reward those who have had faith the longest. Those who have been on the waitlist since November should be prioritized over some folks who spent a few bucks in the past month. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I would say buying a cart slot/postion from someone who lost faith in a project because the leader disappeared for three months is a leap of faith, yeah. In any case it doesn't apply to me so I think Im done.

That's where I'm leaning. If it's just a few, may as well just go with the flow. If it's a bunch, then it starts getting real unfair to waitlist folks.

And MVS:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/snkNY6wbLtcKoTGy9
I know you dealt with more than you shared over the last few months not even including taking this project on. Good on you for sticking through it even when it seemed hopeless and life was dealing you extremely tough obstacles.

It’s just games and when I say that I am not discounting that people submitted deposits into the unknown for a few months, I get being frustrated, but rewrite is a longtime hobbyist with a good track record and deserves the grace. Shit happens, life happens. It was a very very small amount in the grand perspective of life when someone on the flipside is enduring hell.

I kinda view the selling deposits as yeah - you lost patience, or had other reasons. But, when you sold it, you gave up a spot of waiting to someone who hasn’t been, and in some cases good faith.

Some people even did some shit talking and showed really poor form and it was pretty shitty. The only thing those people are owed is a refund. It can be handled a thousand ways and no one will ever be happy, In the end everyone will surely get a cart. Huge projects like this do take extreme time especially with it being a part time project.

Back