What's new
First post updated with new Firmware for the new version Champion edition of this multi!
This update fixes the problem with not original or slow microSD and also the problem with MicroSD written in a Mac.

Hello all, may I ask does this micro SD work? i formatted to FAT32, put the game in /games/xxxx but the multi says no sd card found
if i put some pressure onto the card slot, it will find the game
some issue with the card slot ?

Attachments

• sdcard.JPG
    sdcard.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 31
Make sure you check the card on a partitioning app and make sure it's configured as a primary partition and not a logical partition

I've had a few instances this has happened to me

Hey just got my cps2 multi and its a great product, thanks to all involved.

I would not say I am an electronics expert but I know my way around a soldering iron and have designed, printed and put together plenty of amp pcbs so I am not a beginner either. The 'easier' version of this thing still took me a number of hours to get from working a+b board to multi. Boy is it finicky about connections.
Can't get the big board on... but this is the easy bit, two slightly bent pins on my b board on the first connector, right in the middle, experience told me these things should not need much pressure, but it could have ended in tears for someone less experienced.
Black screen: oh the nh connector is reversed, pin 1 does not go to pin 1 it goes to pin 6, this is a pretty common setup so that's all on me. I would have bought one but Aldo had none left and I had tons of nh connectors so i went the crimp my own route.
Green screen: flash exc5, nope... check the nh cable... nope... check continuity... nope... wait... small continuity problems. Press in the small pcb...check continuity again....nope...wait...very small continuity problems. These look like those two bent pins.. did I break them...pull apart...nope...put back together... three times...still not fixed...press the 2 big connectors harder before I claim defeat...nope...wait i here something.... streetfighter?... success.

Though my story may help someone in the future. Great product.
I was going to take photos at each step but the small pcb was such a pita to press in I got preoccupied and forgot.

Attachments

• 20240530_162358.jpg
    20240530_162358.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey just got my cps2 multi and its a great product, thanks to all involved.

I would not say I am an electronics expert but I know my way around a soldering iron and have designed, printed and put together plenty of amp pcbs so I am not a beginner either. The 'easier' version of this thing still took me a number of hours to get from working a+b board to multi. Boy is it finicky about connections.
Can't get the big board on... but this is the easy bit, two slightly bent pins on my b board on the first connector, right in the middle, experience told me these things should not need much pressure, but it could have ended in tears for someone less experienced.
Black screen: oh the nh connector is reversed, pin 1 does not go to pin 1 it goes to pin 6, this is a pretty common setup so that's all on me. I would have bought one but Aldo had none left and I had tons of nh connectors so i went the crimp my own route.
Green screen: flash exc5, nope... check the nh cable... nope... check continuity... nope... wait... small continuity problems. Press in the small pcb...check continuity again....nope...wait...very small continuity problems. These look like those two bent pins.. did I break them...pull apart...nope...put back together... three times...still not fixed...press the 2 big connectors harder before I claim defeat...nope...wait i here something.... streetfighter?... success.

Though my story may help someone in the future. Great product.
I was going to take photos at each step but the small pcb was such a pita to press in I got preoccupied and forgot.

Thanks for sharing. Now is time to enjoy your multi!

Back