What's new
Is there any alternative good choice instead of hursit or original spinners? Both seem long out of production.

Thanks! Those seem perfect for my intentions.
Just keep in mind they're more of a knob than a spinner... meaning they're not weighted and can't be "spun" only twisted (if that makes any sense). For me this is fine and was easy to adjust to, but some may find that too limiting.

That does change things a bit then. I did want a traditional spinner but it does seem these are the only option currently.
Maybe I will wait a bit.

There is a USB adapter for it but I didn't get that.

Last edited:
If I was to buy that one does it have the wire pinout labeled or is it trial and error? It sounds like what I want.

Yeah the spinner has what each wire does listed on it. Then we can help you make an adapter. You will need an extension cable anyways and you can just do the rewiring with the extension.

Here's a few pics. Second Pic shows my extension. I use this to test every spinner pcb I make with cps1 multi.

1000011950.jpg

1000011951.jpg

Here's a pic of how my extension changes the pinout for spinner pcb. Notice I only used a four pin connector instead of an 8 pin. I can still plug this into each player to test.

1000011952.jpg

That is exactly what I am looking for.
That makes sense to transition it at the extension.
Sweet.
I'll figure out how I want to mount them and then I'll definitely hit you up for a spinner pcb.
Appreciate the help! :D

Here's a few pics. Second Pic shows my extension. I use this to test every spinner pcb I make with cps1 multi.

1000011950.jpg

1000011951.jpg
Good stuff. However correct me if I'm wrong but these do not incorporate a button do they? Meaning that for Forgotten Worlds you would still need to figure out a firing solution?

@Kujako Theres always the top fire button joystick solution ;) This is the way I prefer to play and could argue is an improvement over the og mechanic.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/forgotten-worlds-a-really-elaborate-way-to-play.9004/

I was thinking of a foot pedal. I have a few around I used to use with a programmable keyboard emulator that have a mini-phono jack connector. Could just wire the (A) button in parallel to a cable running out the back of the cabinet.

Good stuff. However correct me if I'm wrong but these do not incorporate a button do they? Meaning that for Forgotten Worlds you would still need to figure out a firing solution?
Yeah there is no button press function with the spinner.

My plan is to repurpose a broken virtua stick shell I think I still have laying around.
I was planning on using a separate button for fire. I may add two more to be used on other spinner games in the future, for now my focus is forgotten worlds.
I like the footpedal idea, maybe a rockband pedal?
If its too thick for the virtua shell or if I binned it I will probably do wood somewhat steampunk style.
Top fire is fun for flight sticks, would be interesting on spinner for sure.

Back