What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Just saw this pop up on my Twitter feed. Paging @rewrite :)

BEEP! in Akihabara have announced the reservation date for their double 5.25" floppy physical release of Cotton for the X68000, next Saturday the 20th of July. Pretty cool stuff like this is being released in this day and age. Their shop is a MUST visit if you're into vintage computers.

cottondisk.jpg

https://twitter.com/BEEP_SHOP/status/1149610796315377664

Hopefully this runs on a 2MB machine :) Even a Chorensha Ni would have been cool.

Can a US person place an order from Beep directly, or would I have to go through an intermediary like Buyee?

Can a US person place an order from Beep directly, or would I have to go through an intermediary like Buyee?
Gotta go through a proxy as far as I'm aware. I couldn't figure out how to buy from them direct last time.

Just bought my first X68000 today :) Still on the way, but that doesn't stop me from shopping some games! It has 2MB and a SD2SCSI installed as well.

I'm likely too late for getting a copy of COTTON?

Just bought my first X68000 today :) Still on the way, but that doesn't stop me from shopping some games! It has 2MB and a SD2SCSI installed as well.

I'm likely too late for getting a copy of COTTON?
Yeah, the second preorder round closed a few weeks ago.

Grippers and Flippers... a very unfortunate part of the hobby nowadays...

Are there any buyers out there who would be willing to use a proxy to purchase a copy for me. If so PM me.

I would love to boot that on my XVI

Are there any buyers out there who would be willing to use a proxy to purchase a copy for me. If so PM me.

I would love to boot that on my XVI
It's not for sale at BEEP anymore - the first and second rounds are both closed. I'm hoping that they'll do a third round so I can get a copy myself. Fingers crossed! Otherwise, Ebay is unfortunately the solution.

13,800 yen, so approximately $128 USD.
Then likely 8% tax. I had to pay tax on my RAM modules through BEEP!
$138

Then a fee from your proxy which is 3-10 dollars depending on your choice.
$145

Domestic shipping is likely another $15
$160

Plus your international shipping which very very likely wouldn't be under $20.
$180.

$53 is a markup from what you'd pay directly for sure, but compared to the usual ebay offers for this sort of stuff is fairly reasonable.

You can make yourself feel even better about it if you convince yourself that somehow the 15% they'll lose to eBay and PayPal affects you, which brings them down to under $200 brought in, leaving only an $18-20 disparity. Which the seller would spend on shipping to you anyway.

See? It's easy to convince one's self to buy from eBay guy if you try hard enough!

Back