What's new

nnap

Professional
Reaction score
Got a Chihiro with Error 02. Which of the boards is the Main board? Is it the Xbox side, the board with the CR2032 battery or the media/netdimm board? When I start the system, I get the Error 02 message. On the filter board the green LED is lit. On the media board I can see a red LED through the holes below the serial port.

Caps on the xbox side are replaced and both super caps are removed.

Was it working before or did it arrive this way ?

Light googling shows this:

Error 02:
Likely a super cap on the underside of the main board (right under the button battery)

it arrived like that. Should get a replacement but don't want to give up this one. When I get the replacement I will be able to swap stuff around to see what is really broken.

I also found that note whilst googling. As they reference the middle board as the main board I was a bit confused. The super cap on the board with the CR2032 was not too bad. Same type as on the Naomi and no apparent leakage there. The supercap on the xbox board was worse. Had some leakage that I cleaned up.

Reactions: rtw
Both of the supercaps (on the mainboard & Xbox board) shouldn't cause that error. When I first got my Chihiro both were completely blown and it was working fine.

got a replacement board and can now confirm that the issue was not with the xbox mainboard but with the board that sits on top of it with the super cap and CR2032 coin cell.
Just exchanging that board fixed my Chihiro.

Back