What's new
I don’t think it made it out of location tests sadly.

Could be wrong, maybe one of our Korean members can hunt one down?

I just got a working Crystal System with The Crystal of Kings and I would love to play all those fun/funny Korean games. Put me in for a couple of Crystal System Multi boards, if you do another run.

Project Update!

Been busy the past couple weeks, but I found the time to get the microcontroller soldered and ported the pc host / flash programming code to this design.

In the photos you see a mess of wires. Two wires were to fix a small oversight (leaving FLASH /RST signal floating during programming, connect to cart edge normally, and connecting an output signal to an input only pin on the cpld). The other four wires were to allow the microcontroller access to the cpld jtag port.

That means the software can now update the CPLD logic over USB, so in the future if we find additional games of unknown sizes it will be simple to change the dip switch banking/mapping to support different rom sizes. I'm excited about this!

I'm also happy with the DIP switch that I selected. The switches can easily be adjusted with finger nails and have a tactile feel and snap into position when pushed.

Overall the hardware design is finished, just need to make a few small changes to the pcb design and send it for final fabrication. Software is 85% done, just need to design a simple to understand method for managing rom slots.

Pre-orders?

I believe the market for this multi cart is rather small. I don't like to do pre-orders, but in this case to manage risk I would like to do a small round of pre-orders.

At this point the cover my costs retail price will be $250 USD, for those who jump on early I will give a discount for their support.

Send me a PM if you would like to pre-order; Expecting to have ready to ship middle of August or sooner.

:thumbsup:
I just got one of these PCBs. I need this multi in my life!

Back