What's new

Dampfwalze

Beginner
Reaction score
54 years on my credit counter and loving arcade games since my first encounter with a Space Invaders cab at a local restaurant in 1978.

Around 1997 I bought an used MAK with In the Hunt, Bomb Jack, Phoenix and some other PCBs. Shortly after I wanted to buy a Galaga 88 PCB from a local Arcade because I loved the game and back then Arcade dying started in Germany with powerful home systems like the Playstation around. But the arcade oprator didn't wanted to sell the game without the jamma cab.... and so I got my first cab: a Nova Big Screen. Still working down in my basement department.

I began to buy many PCBs of games I loved and most of them where of japanese companies like Konami, Capcom, Taito, IREM etc.
When around 2010 the opportunity showed up to buy an used Astro City Candy Cab not far from my home, I took the chance and brought it home into my tiny flat.

And that is mostly it. Got a MiSTer, buy many Arcade Archives Titles from Hamster, but I still love the orginal Hardware.

My biggest fear and enemies are capacitors. Many of my PCBs start to show problems. Sound being low or mute, graphic problems showing up and so on.

Thank you for having me here and I hope my english is not the worst, so that you may read my lines without getting sick. :D

Attachments

• DSCI0030_2.jpg
    DSCI0030_2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20130803_222351.jpg
    IMG_20130803_222351.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 48
  • InTheHunt1.jpg
    InTheHunt1.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 46
Yesh! Finally you're here my man! Good to have you.

Back