What's new
Yes - you have to edit the CSV file as well to point to the cue file.
Thanks Mathewbeall, I've amended both the files but still no luck when trying it earlier. I'm going to remove the autorun.txt update to see if that makes a difference. I did see the setup cd location once before I put that file in there (although didn't boot due to file issue) but not since that change.

I had a good number of issues getting BR to load consistently as well - I will try this latest FW and the autorun this weekend and see if I have issues.

Ok - so for my setup - with Bloody Roar 3 - the latest december 2021 firmware - loads up great. If I do the autorun.txt with "interface set slave" or "interface set master" - BR3 won't load at all.

and on my 246 - regardless of the autorun.txt I keep getting the blue screen that says "boot program error, boot file is not right" for Capcom Fighting Jam but on my 246 I really only play the 246 only tames - I am pretty sure my 256 works fine with it - although I will go grab it this weekend and upgrade its firmware and see!

Last edited:
Upgraded the ODE in my 256 - and everything is working great on that setup as well - everything I tried.

Upgraded the ODE in my 256 - and everything is working great on that setup as well - everything I tried.
Good to hear that it's all up and running for you! It's no great loss I'd rather have SC2 and capcom fighting jam than Bloody Roar 3 anyway, and I'm on the hunt for a Namco 256 so hopefully that'll solve the issues I'm seeing.

Thanks for taking the time to give it a go though mate, I really appreciate it.

Good to hear that it's all up and running for you! It's no great loss I'd rather have SC2 and capcom fighting jam than Bloody Roar 3 anyway, and I'm on the hunt for a Namco 256 so hopefully that'll solve the issues I'm seeing.

Just remember that not all 246 games are compatible on the 256, bloody roar 3 and tekken 4 being some of the games the aren’t compatible on that system unfortunately.

Agreed that 246's seem to be much more touchy than the 256 - case in point, BR3 works on mine, but not Capcom Fighting Jam (although it works fine on my 256). If it's any consolation - BR3 isn't that good of a game - Soul Calibur and Tekken are vastly superior... :)

Matt

Agreed that 246's seem to be much more touchy than the 256 - case in point, BR3 works on mine, but not Capcom Fighting Jam (although it works fine on my 256). If it's any consolation - BR3 isn't that good of a game - Soul Calibur and Tekken are vastly superior... :)

Matt
Yep, bloody roar 3 isn’t as fun as the Soul Calibur games. I also agree that the 246 is a more picky system, but we can all agree that they are still pretty cool systems! 😎

Yep, bloody roar 3 isn’t as fun as the Soul Calibur games. I also agree that the 246 is a more picky system, but we can all agree that they are still pretty cool systems! 😎
Oh absolutely, regardless of the oddities I and others have experienced I absolutely love the Namco 2X6s, such an under-appreciated system.

Part of the charm of getting into it was how relatively niche it was, especially setting up the multi in comparison to the Naomi which is pretty well established.

Its been such a blast to get into, learn about and ultimately enjoy the PS2 arcade equivalents!

Oh absolutely, regardless of the oddities I and others have experienced I absolutely love the Namco 2X6s, such an under-appreciated system.

Part of the charm of getting into it was how relatively niche it was, especially setting up the multi in comparison to the Naomi which is pretty well established.

Its been such a blast to get into, learn about and ultimately enjoy the PS2 arcade equivalents!
I actually almost own all the different versions of the 2X6 hardware, the only version I’m missing is the 246A. The PlayStation 2 was my first ever console I owned and ever since I heard about arcade equivalents, I knew that I had to have one :)

Attachments

• 3B758878-9509-439B-8361-6D09F0AAABDD.jpeg
    3B758878-9509-439B-8361-6D09F0AAABDD.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 102
I actually almost own all the different versions of the 2X6 hardware, the only version I’m missing is the 246A. The PlayStation 2 was my first ever console I owned and ever since I heard about arcade equivalents, I knew that I had to have one :)
Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I actually watched a lot of your videos on YouTube while I was building my own hype for the system so thank you for everything you've shared, I wouldn't be as invested as I am now without them.

Also ArcSys101 is hooking me up with a Namco 256 with EXcard and loom, I recently picked up a banpresto control panel with card reader and I can't wait to get some Tekken 5 DR/Super Dragon Ball z going with it...

Now to pay a small fortune for IC cards from Yahoo Japan! 😁

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I actually watched a lot of your videos on YouTube while I was building my own hype for the system so thank you for everything you've shared, I wouldn't be as invested as I am now without them.

Also ArcSys101 is hooking me up with a Namco 256 with EXcard and loom, I recently picked up a banpresto control panel with card reader and I can't wait to get some Tekken 5 DR/Super Dragon Ball z going with it...

Now to pay a small fortune for IC cards from Yahoo Japan! 😁
I really appreciate your comment bro! I mainly started my channel for fun and I wasn’t expecting anyone to watch my content. I really appreciate everyone here! So kind and extremely helpful! :) I hope you enjoy your card readers!

Remember how we said it was finicky - well - my 246 today, refuses to load SC2! Who the heck knows.... It plays Tekken4 - which is really what I have it for. My 256 plays the other ones I want!

I agree - its a great system - Soul Calibur being one of my favorite games growing up!

Matt

So is it still the case where I'll need a 246 to run everything? Hearing mixed reports that br3 and tekken 4 work on a 256. I bought a 246 because I thought those two games ran on it and not the 256.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Has HDD ability been added to the ODE yet?
If not is there an ETA?

Nope, from my understanding, those games used a different type of drive protocol or something that was removed in the 256. Other games that don’t work on the 256 are the CD based 246 games and Time Crisis 3.
Pretty sure all I care about is t4 and br3 on 246 but wanna be sure before I jump down a rabbit hole.

Back