What's new

Evan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I have had a 1 slot MVS for a while now with no problems. It previously had some corrosion issues but I fixed those, as seen in the picture. However out of nowhere yesterday I started having problems with it. With stand alone games the console will boot to the unibios screen, but then the screen goes dark and nothing happens. With the 161-1 the game will boot the select menu, but then go to a black screen when a game is chosen. My supergun works fine with other pcbs. The diag bios says there are no issues.
IMG_0393.jpg
Any idea of the issue?
IMG_0394.jpg

Make sure your hard dip 8 is in the 'off' position. The 2nd picture looks like its 'on'. That hard dip is use to enable pausing the game and will cause a black screen on boot since the game instantly pauses.

Make sure your hard dip 8 is in the 'off' position. The 2nd picture looks like its 'on'. That hard dip is use to enable pausing the game and will cause a black screen on boot since the game instantly pauses.
Lol that was it. Happy for the simple fix.

Can confirm, I spent 3 hours one Sunday troubleshooting this exact fault. Learn a lesson the hard way, remember it for a long time…

Back