What's new
Thanks for info!

Those are good but will not allow for key injection, so purists, stay away! For the rest of the audience, they will work with the multi.
I thought key injection was required for the multi?

Your still making a fpga solution right? I'm not even keeping my eyes peeled for c boards because I thought I'd be fine.

Yikes, if it's anything like the Sega multi I'd be waiting up to a year or more for version 2. Better start looking into the b21 :(

Yikes, if it's anything like the Sega multi I'd be waiting up to a year or more for version 2. Better start looking into the b21
I suspect it will be more like the CPS2 multi, where we got it without the key writing functionality to start, and then it was a firmware update to include that functionality later.

if you get a battery backed C-Board it will work in both scenarios.

I have a couple of this is it good? What's the wire?

s-l16015.jpg

One more for ya.

If I bought the c board for WW. Would it be compatible for the multi?

Bonus. Would it be Q sound compatible with the proper c board as well?

Should I give up on the idea that WW will be a donor at all?

If I bought the c board for WW. Would it be compatible for the multi?
NO

if the chip on the C-Board does not say "B-21" then it is i not compatible PERIOD.

if the chip DOES say B-21 then it is compatible; with everything.

The List of games that have a B-21 chip are all in the first post.

Whether or not it supports key re-writing depends on the rest of the C-Board.

Bonus. Would it be Q sound compatible with the proper c board as well?
Q-Sound has nothing to do with the C-Board. but FWIW all Q-Sound CPS1 games use a B-21 Chip from the factory.

Last edited:
so is it good?
I would not have posted them if they weren't good for use with the multi.

In their current form they will not do key-re-writing, which means you will not be able to use original/protected ROMs. They will only work with patched ROMs.

this is a great option for someone who has a CPS1 board but does not have a B-21 C-Board (like @hoagtech , he could use one of these plus the A-Board from his World Warrior PCB to make a good donor set for the multi)

Can I remove the wire?
if you want to un-do the de-suicide mod you will need to repair 2 traces and repair 2 cut pins on the B-21 chip in addition to removing the wire. it would require some skill to do.

can I update the multi with the fpga to replace the B21?
I don't have an answer to that question.

THX

twistedsymphony said:
In their current form they will not do key-re-writing, which means you will not be able to use original/protected ROMs. They will only work with patched ROMs.
Can we hope a firmware update for original/protected ROMs like on CPS2?

twistedsymphony said:
if you want to un-do the de-suicide mod you will need to repair 2 traces and repair 2 cut pins on the B-21 chip in addition to removing the wire. it would require some skill to do.
if it's necessary I know one guy can do it for me. Is it?

Do not panic buy CPS-1 things like it's toilet paper during a Pandemic. You might end up with too many B21's and not enough bums to wipe.
If I good understanding I must have one for the multi, if it's working I dont see the problem....

If I good understanding I must have one for the multi, if it's working I dont see the problem....
You've answered your own question and justified its purchase then...

ordered one from Sheep as well, don't want to salvage a C board from my working OEM stacks, plan to keep those intact :)

Back