What's new
Bigtime awesomeness here. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the changes....but it looks great and is running smoothly!!!

Nice smooth transition to new site.

One thing I found, not sure if mentioned yet. Links inside old PMs to forum posts have an added "." causing them not to work.

Like this
Code:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/something/something
This has been fixed, and even your own post got corrected in the process! :D

What was wrong with the old board?
End of life product, no longer supported, really difficult to manage. We were using Burning Board 4.x, to which they released a 5.x that was a step backwards in terms of functionality and usability. So here we are, onto better things!

It appears we have some kind of underlying issue with email notifications for watched threads not being sent. Will update as I learn more or solve it.

Edit: found the source of the issue! I will implement a fix after dinner tonight :)

Last edited:
Seems like you can't edit posts in conversations after 5 minutes. I can probably get used to that if you can't adjust it, but I'm curious if you can.

Been using the site on mobile and desktop today and am very impressed by the changes. The UX is so nice. And dark mode was a insta change. Thanks for all the hard work, @brizzo!!

Those who had set watched threads to send an email upon reply; it should be working now.

Seems like you can't edit posts in conversations after 5 minutes. I can probably get used to that if you can't adjust it, but I'm curious if you can.
I have increased this limit to 15 minutes for now. There is almost no restriction on what can be configured, and it not, customized to do whatever you want with Xenforo.

Is there a 3 minute wait between PMs? ?(
This time limit has been removed from users with higher ranks. Spammers abusing the private message system was the motivating factor to finally get away from burning board.

Did we lose the 'Scroll to Top' button in the move :panda:

Did we lose the 'Scroll to Top' button in the move :panda:
There is one if you're on mobile :D

Updates:
  • When viewing a conversation, the participant list will now show the timestamp when that user last viewed the conversation
  • Did some tweaking on the server configuration after a day of performance logging, brought the average page render time below 500ms

Lovee the dark mode and new look, im trying to get used to it but i love it :)

good idea ,it look like very clear now and more confortable for read

My account got "kicked off" for some reason:
Email is always working / google, not sure! Had to Re-Activate account to become a "user" again?!

Attachments

• email.png
    email.png
    685.5 KB · Views: 174
No big deal but a head scratching glitch that's for sure!

Xenforo supports proper email rules, including if an email sent bounces, it stops emailing that user (otherwise our email server ip gets scored as a spam source).

Checking the logs, this is what gmail replied with when sending you an email:

Code:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

hammy?????@gmail.com
    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.184.27]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<hammy?????@gmail.com>:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser s84si1181192wme.1 - gsmtp

Hence, your email was deactivated here.

Looks like a google error! Cheers guys :)
12 years email running smooth and now it's patchy, that's the modern world for ya!

Back