What's new

Lavissa

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently been working on restoring a Twin Sega Rally 2 cabinet i came into possession of.
These twin units were dirty. Caked in dust, both on surface level, and inside.

Unfortunately, this unit has probably sat in sunlight for many, many years. As a result, all 4 monitor side covers are brittle messes. Most of them with huge broken pieces on all forms of corners and more.
3 out of 4 panels have also broken on the top where the monitor top rail is fastened with 2 screws. If I'm to get these cabinets working, I can't put these side covers back on. The monitors would lack crucial support.
I can handle dirt. dust and old soda mould. I can diagnose boards and source replacement electronics. But I can't fix brittle plastic.

I've scoured the web, and sent many emails to part suppliers, but the result seems to be unanimous.
These panels are hard to get a hold of, and the few that are available seem to be through sites like eBay, AliExpress etc.

Does anyone do reproductions of these panels?
Are there potentially any 3D models of these panels?
Any other tips on how I can source either original or reprod panels?

Thanks in advance

There are no repros.

It's not something that can be 3D printed (at least not with any hobbyist printer).

The side covers are the same for all 29" Sega sitdown cabinets (just different color and artwork). I would search for parted out cabs.

Back