What's new

damasco94

Student
Reaction score
Hello guys !

Thanks to Mitsu, I recently got the fantastic S16 multi but I'm now facing sprites glitches on all games as you can probably see below :

https://ibb.co/grtfPvm
https://ibb.co/b6nkF08
https://ibb.co/CH7wFfK

Not sure if it's related to an eprom or motherboard issue
I recently bought my S16 motherboard from ebay, sold as untested ... so I assumed it might be faulty.

The romboard was damaged, so I removed it and directly plugged the multi instead.
Apart from that it seemed to be in really good condition, that's why I bid ;)

Then I only put the unencrypted 68k and the s16/jamma adapter.
I bought all the burnt eproms from buyicnow website

Since I don't know this system very well, I would have liked if someone could guide me on a potential troubleshooting ...
I'm not sure where to start. Maybe reseat all the eproms first ?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Ideally - what I would do is try to find a romboard that works - so I can verify that the mainboard works without issue.

Besides that - check to make sure all the eproms are properly inserted and that the multi is appropriately attached.

and btw - whenever I see "untested" listed for an arcade board - I just translate that to "broken". It's not hard to test an arcade board... :)

Apart from that she seemed to be in really good condition, that's why I bid ;)
Hello,
from my experience this isn't a good indication when it comes to electronic hardware.
An internal fault inside a chip isn't visible outside unless it caused a short bad enough to summon the magic smoke.
A lot of my boards were really dusty when I bought them (and when I say that I'm still far from the reality, people really don't know to store PCBs properly here) but were working without any kind of issues.

Ideally - what I would do is try to find a romboard that works - so I can verify that the mainboard works without issue.

Besides that - check to make sure all the eproms are properly inserted and that the multi is appropriately attached.
Yep, will follow your advice and do that first

from my experience this isn't a good indication when it comes to electronic hardware.
An internal fault inside a chip isn't visible outside unless it caused a short bad enough to summon the magic smoke.
A lot of my boards were really dusty when I bought them (and when I say that I'm still far from the reality, people really don't know to store PCBs properly here) but were working without any kind of issues.
Yep sure.. i know it’s not a good indication but the overall condition and price of the board suggested that it was not necessarily a too much risky bet.

anyway, i need to find a solution to fix and had no idea where to start with this system…

Last edited:
1 year later … cause I was too busy to work on that before, I finally found and bought another mainboard (tested and working 100% with Tetris), then I put my multi on it and ….. same issue !!! :(

So I decided to verify again all the eproms with my wellon programmer and they all seem to be OK.

I suspect maybe an eprom chip is defective.
Trying to find a couple more of them now.

Of course, I can’t remember which one carry the sprites now… need to check…

Will keep you updated

Back