What's new
so, when you go from the edge connector to the socket where the 2nd player connects, is that beeping out for the pins you mentioned above?

can you specify which part of the connection isn't working? I'm having a tough time getting the gist of the pic :(

I forgot I took another picture after unplugging it.

photo_2023-03-10_02-39-15.jpg

OK, I get it, the harness going from the back of where the CP harness connects, down to the panel that connects to the JAMMA harnesses is what's bad.
Whelp, my man, you're the luckiest man in the world. I just got a versus city full harness so that I could reproduce them :D

I can make a replacement for you.
however, before I do I need you to confirm that both ends of that harness you're holding in the above pic are beeping out properly. from that whyite connector on the P2 side, the other end terminates on a RED 12 pin socket on the upright black panel in the pcb bay. The first 10 pins are for directions and buttons, so it should beep ouf fine. the last 2 pins (5v and gnd) are connected elsewhere and are unpopulated in the red connector.

lemme know if they beep out.
the other end that plugs into that red connector goes directly to the P2 side of the JAMMA edge and will need to be beep tested as well.

I have the manual and will try to get you a scan of the wiring diagram if you would like.

Last edited:
I'll get back to you soon. I tested it the other day but now I'm second guessing my tests.

The only part that's bad is the middle. I doodled this picture because I'm bad at describing the connections.

wires.png

My go-to pin to test was for the start button, but I tried button 1 once or twice. I also confirmed that the wiring in the middle for the P1 side beeps out fine.

Hmmm… I am curious to know if there are any cuts or breaks in the harness itself, or if the pins are just in need of being replaced. It’s really rare that an entire harness like that just gives up the ghost.

I just crawled around in there some more and I don't see anything that looks broken. I don't really know where to go from here.

If the middle part isn't showing continuity, I'd take anything in the middle out and inspect it outside of the cab in better light and test continuity on that harness from one end to the other.

Finally an update. It works. I snipped all the zip ties to get the harness out and realized it was just plugged into the wrong thing... Maybe I'm stupid but at least I don't need to buy a new harness. Thank you all for your help.

Back