What's new

MmSadda

Professional
Reaction score
EDIT - THE BELOW DESCRIBES NUANCES OF MODERN CARTS, WHICH APPEAR TO NOT BE A MALFUNCTION

I just got a Kraut Buster MVS cart. The cart works in Slot #1, but not in other slots (shows a z80 error when pressing joystick in menu in those other slots,) and it seems like it has to be the only cart inserted for things to work. Is that normal?

Is it supposed to work exactly the same as a official cart in a multi-slot MVS? (I. E. Switching between games with the button, working with other carts.)

Last edited:
That’s really not correct. I can’t speak from any technical knowledge at all, but I own Fast Striker, Kraut Buster and a NeoSD Pro. With them all loaded up in a four slot board in an MVS U4 they all work, including automatic rotation of attract modes when left unplayed and manual rotation with the select button.
They do crash occasionally and require a reboot, and on occasion on boot up the MVS doesn’t recognise that there’s a cart in a slot until they’re given a wiggle, but they do work.

It’s more frequently KB that’s the problem than FS, and they’ve both been updated to the latest version.

There’s ‘probably’ not a problem with either your motherboard, or your cart. They’re ‘probably’ just a bit fussy.
Especially a 30 year old motherboard.

Could also be an interaction with the stock bios vs unibios. There are bugs in both Bioses, especially on the 4 and 6 slots boards, but the bugs manifest in slightly different ways between bioses, and between variants of the boards.

So if you're experiencing inconsistent results across setups that would be my prime suspect

Could also be an interaction with the stock bios vs unibios. There are bugs in both Bioses, especially on the 4 and 6 slots boards, but the bugs manifest in slightly different ways between bioses, and between variants of the boards.

So if you're experiencing inconsistent results across setups that would be my prime suspect

Definitely a possibility. I'd be curious to know if OP is running Unibios. I know there's a bug where if running Unibios, sound will not work for carts plugged into slot 2/3/etc if there's not a cart installed in slot 1.

That’s really not correct. I can’t speak from any technical knowledge at all, but I own Fast Striker, Kraut Buster and a NeoSD Pro. With them all loaded up in a four slot board in an MVS U4 they all work, including automatic rotation of attract modes when left unplayed and manual rotation with the select button.
They do crash occasionally and require a reboot, and on occasion on boot up the MVS doesn’t recognise that there’s a cart in a slot until they’re given a wiggle, but they do work.

It’s more frequently KB that’s the problem than FS, and they’ve both been updated to the latest version.
If it's working for you then consider yourself lucky, as it's really a crapshoot whether the games will work together or not, especially once you start getting aftermarket carts involved. You even mentioned they crash sometimes.

Back