What's new

Kyotaro

Student
Reaction score
I wanted to preface that no money has been exchanged.
This is just a feedback on my neutral experience as a potential buyer.

Communication is poor, was interested in purchasing 2 Astro City panels.
Items went from: being available with a 3-week delay for being used for an event >> to one panel off the market since buyer ended up wanted to keep (totally cool thanks for letting me know) >> then to radio silence
until I ask for an update and was told it was ended up sold locally and then forgotten to be given a update about it.

I had a great buying experience with the seller before and probably this issue is a one time thing. Any changes is cool with me as long as it is properly communicated and not left in limbo for 1 month+
Hopefully this feedback will help with future transactions and will be buried by all the positive Taito reproduction experience going further.

I want to apologize once more for the lack of communication. I've been overwhelmed with importing a few cabs for a few locals, 5 projects for repairs, logistics concerning the Taito purchase and alot more.

My brain has been really tired this past month keeping track a lot of things and I should've been more prepared. I'm sorry.

I was one of the locals in canada that had importantbet import a cab for me and fix my ms 2930 chassis. I can vouch for him with 100% certainty that he always comes through and is very communicative. He’s had a lot going on so I’m sure if you slipped through the cracks it was an accident. Sorry to hear about your experience. He sells and does a lot for the community and I feel like you putting a neutral review may be discrediting him and hurting his reputation. I know it’s a neutral review but I feel it may carry a stigma none the less. My experience has always been great with him.

I'm surprised to see feedback given solely based on poor communication
Was anything agreed upon between the two of you?
If an agreement was broken then I can understand the feedback given

From my experience if a buyer or seller goes radio silent before reaching an agreement I just move onto the next deal :D
Just my two cents :happy:

From my experience if a buyer or seller goes radio silent before reaching an agreement I just move onto the next deal :D
Just my two cents :happy:

It was more of like a "hey, I'll hit you up again when I'm free again" because my PMs were swarmed and things were getting very hectic on my end.

On the other hand, I've been communicating to the Taito purchase people properly and promptly because that is my #1 priority right now. And PLEASE remember that this is a one-man operation too. Anyone who had talked to me about this can vouch too.

Unfortunately due to this feedback, some people got hesitant and backed out of the buyer waitlist. A bit disappointed but whatever.

Last edited:
It was more of like a "hey, I'll hit you up again when I'm free again" because my PMs were swarmed and things were getting very hectic on my end.

On the other hand, I've been communicating to the Taito purchase people properly and promptly because that is my #1 priority right now. And PLEASE remember that this is a one-man operation too. Anyone who had talked to me about this can vouch too.

Unfortunately due to this feedback, some people got hesitant and backed out of the buyer waitlist. A bit disappointed but whatever.
That's a bummer for sure
We really need to formulate some sort of formal guideline for issuing feedback so that people understand what the rating actually means

Being a buyer and seller myself I understand where both you guys are coming from
But I don't think feedback is warranted if an agreement hasn't been made
Unless there was some sort of bad behavior on one of the members involved

That was my first impression as well, this is the second (maybe third) feedback i've seen this year for deals that didn't happen and stopped at the messaging phase. With regards to formal guidelines the pinned post does say

Since we do not yet have a feedback plugin for the forums to rate members and your transactions with each other I decided to open this area up. Please post your experiences here. If you feel your transaction is going poorly please try to resolve it in every way with the other party. If that fails then please contact a mod to moderate the negotiations. If that fails then we will bring it here for others to see both sides and to draw their own conclusions.

I have a feeling this will be full of mostly positives based on out excellent user base so far. :)

--Mitsu
Perhaps this needs revision but the way I read that is it's implied a transaction has actually taken place and that is what the feedback is for.

Wait, you had a good transaction with the guy before.... did you leave him good feedback then?

Leaving someone neutral feedback from a transaction that didn't happen... and from a guy who you've had good experience from in the past, is a bit of a shit thing to do IMO :thumbdown:

If I gave every tire kicker a neutral I would never get anything else done :D

Wait, you had a good transaction with the guy before.... did you leave him good feedback then?

Leaving someone neutral feedback from a transaction that didn't happen... and from a guy who you've had good experience from in the past, is a bit of a shit thing to do IMO :thumbdown:

If I gave every tire kicker a neutral I would never get anything else done :D
I agree. No money or merchandise exchanged doesn’t mean anything.

I had plenty of “Hey man I want this Cave PCB but I want to pay ten years ago price. Could you also combine that with potentially illegal items I bought on Yahoo that Buyee won’t ship. Some 100 yen coins would also be cool so please go to the bank special just for me get some rolls; I’ll pay for your train (but not your time). Finally, I want to ask like five shops questions but they don’t respond to my Google Translate emails. Can you call them for me? Please just hang onto my three boxes of stuff from Buyee until that Cave board comes through. Also…I know you said no cabs but I’ve been eyeing this Neo Geo cab on the second floor of a no elevator apartment in a countryside village. The seller won’t ship, so could you help me out with picking it up; I’ll pay for gas and lunch. Again though, only if you find the board though cause I just want to pay for your service all at once. Thanks man!”

As you can imagine, I didn’t entertain these requests, but I remained polite and said if I saw something I’d let them know. I’d hate to receive neutral feedback over them thinking an actual transaction started.

NOW, I do realize that the situation at hand here is quite different, but they do have one thing in common: no money or merchandise exchanged. Both parties gained and lost nothing, so no feedback is warranted at all. OP can post whatever they want, but it’s not a good look and makes them look like a child who is mad that he didn’t get his toys. We all make communication errors and/or get strapped for time, and @ImportantBet is a standup dude. This should have been handled in private messages.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Back