What's new

deibit

Champion
Reaction score
I'm sure @Darksoft is going to love this one..

Teaser:

GzeNWgw.jpg

Last edited:
My case is a C64C new case from pixelwizard with the breadbin brown color.. keyboard is a recycled breadbin one..

the mobo is a reloaded MK2, the original ICs have been harvested or sourced from internet..

I have two SID's intalled, one 8580 and the good old 6581

more parts are coming... :)

i have c64c as sx style and also mk2. have a lot of different ics and ultimate 2+

i am really excited!!!

Wow that's nice

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of destroying an original C64 to harvest the parts for the modern board though. On the one hand the original boards are not particularly reliable and on the other hand, originality....

But DAMN that's a nice clean looking board.

there are many dead boards around.. some ICs are known to fail, its just a matter of time (for example SIDs)

It's great to find people that produces those hybrid boards, with FPGAs for the customs and real ICs for the standard ones.

the board comes without ICs... so you need to source the chips on your own.

The ZIF sockets are very useful, since you can play with diferent CPUs (6510 or 8500) or diferent CIAs or diferent VIC-IIs (PAL or NTSC on diferent versions) and also diferent SID versions....

I don't quite understand what I'm looking at, a tape/disk drive emulator?

It's a PI1541 a hat-PCB for Raspberry Pi3 that emulates, cycle perfect, a commodore 1541 drive. It even works with protected non cracked original images in .G64 format.

Cool! Is it something you'll be selling or just for yourself?

Edit: oh cool it's DIY

yes, its definitely not mine :)

Hardware design and software its all public domain.. costs not more than 20 bucks with the serial cable (plus the raspberry)

Kind of a shame it doesn't work with the Zero (or better yet Zero W so you could load games over Wi-Fi) since that would give you the option to make it even smaller

Time to work on a PCB design and get it made up :P

Can this also load the tape game images or just disk (I don't see the tape image extension on there so I assume it's just disk)

you can convert tap to p00 and then it works..

For p00 and tap and d64 i prefer to use SD2IEC thought.. I have one as second drive (I'll take some pics too) :)

Last edited:
Back