What's new

bodgit

Professional
Reaction score
I've just finished recapping an M92 MT2 board which had a bad case of audio hum and garbled video, (fairly sure none of those capacitors should have an ESR of 200Ω).

Everything seems fine now except the video is just a bit dim compared to my other boards. I can compensate for it with the pot on my Axun supergun although I'm on the highest (lowest?) setting at the point that I'd say the video looks bright enough.

I've done a bit of googling and it seems it's not an entirely unknown phenomenon with M92 boards to have this but are there any additional components I should check?

and SNK stuff is the oposite and can overload your monitor inputs!

there is no real standard for video or sync levels in old pre-jvs arcade boards.
they couldnt even agree on simple shit like if the sync was negative or positive or in the case of williams - seperate horizontal & vertical too!

Thanks for the replies, that's good to know it's definitely an M92 quirk. All of my other boards have fairly similar video output levels so once the pot is dialled in I generally don't need to touch it. Clearly I need more boards to increase my sample set :D

Back