What's new

GeorgeSpinner

Grand Master
Reaction score
I purchased an "untested" World Soccer Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style / Pro Evolution Soccer The Arcade game and I don't know anything about it; other than it was cheap, and it is based on Konami Python hardware (Playstation 2).

I have not been able to find manuals for any Konami Python based games. I have no idea what the dip switches do.

I don't have any experience with JVS.

I don't want to use this game in a cabinet. I would like to use it with a Super Gun.

I tried powering up via JAMMA and it turns on but there's no video output. I tried using the RGB output ports but, other than a flicker (at power on), I don't see ANY output.

I tried the stereo RCA output and there's no audio either.

The status LED blinks heavy at startup but then just settles into a steady on/off pattern. This is the same with or without the game card.

If anyone can school me, in any way, towards getting this thing running I'd appreciate it.

I have never owned a Python before, but looking at pictures, there's an actual PS2 inside the cage. Have you powered that separately?

@awbacon1 likely has a board. Maybe he has a video on setting one up.

I have never owned a Python before, but looking at pictures, there's an actual PS2 inside the cage. Have you powered that separately?

@awbacon1 likely has a board. Maybe he has a video on setting one up.
I haven't spent much time with it yet. I saw a DDR manual and it did look like it had a PS2 in it. I peeked in my cage and I didn't see a PS2. I didn't open it up, so maybe it's obscured. The DDR manual made it seem as if there is a retail PS2 inside. That sure would be interesting.

I'll update after I've cracked it open.

The Python 2 has a modified retail PS2 inside it - the Python 1 does not and is just based on the PS2. Make sure not to get them confused!

I've got a manual for Dancing Stage Fusion here (link, mirror 1, mirror 2) which features a Python 1 internally. A couple things of note (apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about - when it comes to CRTs, I don't really lol):
  • The wiring diagram says that video output is 0.7v p-p, which means something to do with it actually being VGA. I think.
  • gamerepair.info says it's designed to output at 15khz only.

Last edited:
The Python 2 has a modified retail PS2 inside it - the Python 1 does not and is just based on the PS2. Make sure not to get them confused!

I've got a manual for Dancing Stage Fusion here (link, mirror 1, mirror 2) which features a Python 1 internally. A couple things of note (apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about - when it comes to CRTs, I don't really lol):
  • The wiring diagram says that video output is 0.7v p-p, which means something to do with it actually being VGA. I think.
Thanks for the reply.

I get a black screen and no audio, so nothing is being produced.

I still haven't opened it up but I will look at the manual you linked before I do.

That is actually wrong. The hardware does support 480p and the soccer game can use it depending on some settings, I believe connect one pin of the JAMMA to gnd makes it do 31Khz....

I was wrong. It's DIP switches 3 and 4 to select controller input type (JVS/Jamma) and 15Khz/31Khz.

Attachments

• TV2024052913522500.jpg
    TV2024052913522500.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 10
  • TV2024052913542200.jpg
    TV2024052913542200.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
Back