What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Any specific version or anything like the CPS2, or is it just buy any old ST-V motherboard, a multi-bios, and you're on your way?

Pretty much, as long as it works. I bought an ST-V motherboard with a game to make sure it all worked 100% before I used the multi kit. No issues at all.

Pretty much, as long as it works. I bought an ST-V motherboard with a game to make sure it all worked 100% before I used the multi kit. No issues at all.
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Yep, everything Derick2k said.

If you like Saturn games, then the ST-V is a solid arcade system to have. Lots of great shmups and puzzle games...and Die Hard.

When you do get one, be sure to have plenty of mounting spare mounting feet as the motherboard is rather large, so you don't want it to sag or have stress on the cartridge connector when plugging in carts.

I bought an STV that was listed as working, but it actually had an issue where certain games wouldn't boot. Running the service test revealed the problem (I can't remember what error it reported) and I had to reflow one of the CPUs to fix it. So if the seller is willing, you might want to ask them to verify that it passes the onboard service menu tests.

Any specific version or anything like the CPS2, or is it just buy any old ST-V motherboard, a multi-bios, and you're on your way?
Do I need a Multi-Bios to run the multi cart?
No you can use whatever region bios you want.
A Japanese/multi bios is needed for AllJapan Pro Wrestling featuring Virtua. Also to play Radiant Silvergun with the Japanese 3 button option.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

Back