What's new
For Sale
KC refund the money for the cab:) now trying to get a refund on the Taito Type X2 system. He said he needs time.. Not sure how much time but I am glad to see the $2800 back on my account:) thank you! I guess the Vewlix C was not meant to be:(

Anyone knows where I can get a Taito Type X2 system?

KC refund the money for the cab:) now trying to get a refund on the Taito Type X2 system. He said he needs time.. Not sure how much time but I am glad to see the $2800 back on my account:) thank you! I guess the Vewlix C was not meant to be:(

There are some reasonably priced ones on Yahoo Auction Japan... I just bought a lindbergh yellow there last week for $100, shipping is expensive (another $110) but overall ends up being cheaper than buying here in the states.
There's a Bunch of Type Xs available: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...=&x=0&y=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=2084047781

Or if you're cheap like me most of the games can be played on any old Windows PC...

@'twistedsymphony - thanks for the reply.. i am looking for a plug and play solution on the Type x2 to put it inside an Egreet II and use a JVS I/O. I have never use the Jyahho.co.jp before.

Glad to hear he issued the refund.

He is getting 4 more C cabs delivered in a couple of weeks. I told him to hold off shipping the other C cab I had reserved with him until those come in.

For TTX2 - As Twisted says, your lowest cost solution might be through YAJ. Next best thing I found was HKlegend @ $250 plus shipping. You can email them at sales@hklegend.com.hk tell them what you want they will give you a quote. Shipping charges are the killer.

@'twistedsymphony - thanks for the reply.. i am looking for a plug and play solution on the Type x2 to put it inside an Egreet II and use a JVS I/O. I have never use the Jyahho.co.jp before.
the process of getting stuff from yahoo auctions japan is confusing at first but once you know the process you'll be blowing all your moneys on hard to find Japanese items :)

it's basically what they use in Japan instead of eBay. But they don't do paypal over there only bank transfers (and only between Japanese banks) and most wont ship overseas, nevermind the language barrier. So you need to use a "Proxy Bidding" service. A proxy bidder will place a bid on your behalf then pay for the item and receive it in Japan, then once they receive it they will re-ship to you. They do charge a fee, usually about 10% of the auction value, but this varies widely depending on the service you use.

There's an official Proxy Bidding service for Yahoo Auctions called Buyee to use them, while viewing an item just click the big button on the top left that says "Overseas Customers Click Here" and it will guide you through the process.

i personally use an unofficial service called Shopping Mall Japan, They have a few other benefits
1. they do a phenomenal job packing things (like seriously better packing than any other package I've ever received from anyone ever).
2. they let me store items at their warehouse in Japan free up to 60 days so that I can wait and ship items from several different auctions together
3. their fees are some of the lowest I've found and their fee structure is very straight forward, they tell you what the fee will be before you even bid.
4. small/light weight items get batch shipped to a USA warehouse for a very small fee, which saves a ton on shipping charges. (Stuff like Marquees, manuals, small joysticks etc. usually only cost me $10 to get from Japan to the US then I pay for shipping within the US.)

the downside to Shopping Mall Japan and many unofficial services is that you have to make a security deposit with them up front so they can cover their losses if you bid and ditch, it's not bad though. my $100 security deposit gives me $500 worth of bidding power with them. still not something you want to have to do unless you plan on using them frequently. I don't believe Buyee requires this so they're better for first timers trying it out.

I shared this with Derick in a PM, but I feel everyone should be aware...

The Taiwan made Wei-Ya PSU inside these (and other Taito) cabs NEEDS a step-down 100v transformer!
IF you run it off a normal USA 110v, the power output of the PSU (esp 12v) will be wildly unstable.

According to the official Vewlix manual, the cab requires 280watts... I found This on Amazon and ordered it.
I can now confirm (it came yesterday) this solution works perfectly!

I did have to use a shaved down (left blade) three prong adapter, because the Japan power output has that funky two pin outlet.

main-qimg-b179c4d2e302b0a13c51ec498d723bf5

I simply connected the ground pin to that screw on the face of the transformer.

you could probably de-case the thing and then just hard-wire the actual transformer inside the cabinet. I'd be surprised if there's anything in there outside of a big honking transformer.

That's how the old Nintendo cabs worked. the isolation transformers for the monitor doubled as a 120 to 100v step down transformer. it literally has a power outlet inside the cab that the 100V monitor, and 100V marquee lamp plug into. when I did my Fix it felix conversion I just added a 2nd power outlet that bypassed the transformer and plugged my PC into that.

10488653_1554336571455621_983307210_n.jpg

100V outlet on the left, 120V outlet where the old PSU used to be and the transformer on the right.

@Twisted - Nice idea to decase and install internally, I think I will do that.

@ Jassin - Is 500 watts enough? If the cab needs 280w, what about when you plug in other boards? Will it be enough for power hungry Jamma boards? I was thinking of getting the 1,000watt version they have just in case.

Last edited:
@Twisted - Nice idea to decase and install internally, I think I will do that.

@ assin - Is 500 watts enough? If the cab needs 280w, what about when you plug in other boards? Will it be enough for power hungry Jamma boards? I was thinking of getting the 1,000watt version they have just in case.
When I looked up the specs the Model 3/NAOMI power supplies were roughly equivalent to a 200Watt PC power supply in terms of their output (slightly less than 200W PC supply actually), I'd suspect older JAMMA boards would be even less power hungry. then it's just a matter of the display wattage.

If you're really concerned you could pick up a Kill-A-Watt and see how much it's actually drawing.

Good info Twisted,forgot about plugging in my kill-a-watt. Just figured 500watt might not be enough to have everything going.

I will be installing internally, have to check the schematic to see how the C cabs supply is wired and go from there.

@'twistedsymphony - thank you for all the great info. I think I will just wait until a member here has one for sale, less hassle, trustworthy members and the unit would be fully tested which I will not have to worry about the unknown:). once again.. thank you!

Jugu, thanks for the info, those would work and they have different ratings, which is good. They are however pricey, but if the quality is there, it might be worth it. I bought one of the cheaper ones on amazon and will be opening it up to examine it. All it should really be is a transformer with some type of protection circuitry.

Yea thats all it is, just a metal box with a huge ass transformer inside it.

I did have mine open, and I did think about de-case'n it for a cab mount.
Finally I decided to just keep it under my desk external from the cab for space savings reasons (I did already mount the JAMMA-to-JVS board inside).

Cool, I think there would be enough space for it behind the coinbox. I will probably make up a harness to interconnect it inside the cab along with an internal surge protector/AVR to protect the cab further. Power is not that reliable where I am since I am by the ocean and overhead powerlines, the worst combination.

Jugu, thanks for the info, those would work and they have different ratings, which is good. They are however pricey, but if the quality is there, it might be worth it. I bought one of the cheaper ones on amazon and will be opening it up to examine it. All it should really be is a transformer with some type of protection circuitry.
Thanks for correcting my link TwistedSymphony! They are a bit pricier than the ones found on Amazon. They did have a sale during the holidays, which is when I bought mine, around 20% I believe.

Good news. That's a lot of money...

Good news. That's a lot of money...
I am soooooo glad to have the money back :D .

Edit - I got refund for the Taito type X2 system this morning.

Last edited:
If anyone cares, here's a little update on KC, looks like he has finally gotten a new place and has resumed operations. He said it ended up working out better for him, got 3 larger warehouses to work out of now. So he is ramping up his business. He might be opening up a warehouse on the east coast as well.

IMG_3700.JPG

Back