What's new

fox_tango

Student
Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm troubleshooting the license card readers on one of my F-zero AX cabs. There are no obvious signs of damage like a blown cap, damaged trace, or obviously burned up component. The card reader functions are all working except the actual read/write to the magentic card. It can load a card, dispense a card from the holder, moves it in and out, actuate the front lid, etc). When executing the read/write test in the game test menu, the card just passes back and forth over the read/write head several times before timing out, after which the card is ejected.

Fortunately, I have two other good card readers to swap parts with to isolate the problem. Unfortunately, it's narrowed down to the PCB.

Given that there are no obvious signs of a problem, I need to start poking around on the PCB but was HOPING that there was a schematic out there to help guide my prodding. This board is surprisingly complex (much more so than the typical 80's arcade game board) and I don't think there is much chance of me figuring it out, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

Anybody have any info on these things?

...and while we're at it, I am looking for the metal housing that holds the card reader on top of the coin tower (just in case anyone sees this and has one available for sale).

VrLQAfzqcmGaT1wYds5eC2-4p0=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Thanks all!

Back