What's new

dornbirn

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi

Maybe someone can help me , i have some graphic issues. I cleaned the eproms and conatcts but issue remains.
Not sure where the problem is.

BR Wolfgang

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 88
Have you tried cleaning the edge connectors and the cartridge slot on your motherboard? Do you have other games to test to rule out your motherboard? Does your motherboard have a single- or double wipe cartridge connector?

Hello
I tested other Games on thsi motherboard --->all work
Tested DDP2 game on another motherboard too --> not working.
BR Wolfgang

Graphical glitches might mean bad data on the EPROMs. Do you have a programmer where you can verify that the data on your ROM chips are still good?

Unfortunately not, but was just looking for one online, is the TL866 II plus any good or better can it be used in this case?

It looks like it's the ROM that stores the background tiles that's having problems. That'll be the 44 pin SMD ROM located at position U21 on the first PCB, next to the DIP socket.

1.png

If you can SMD solder then try reflowing the chip - if you're lucky that's all it needs.

Last edited:
The MX23C6410 is rated for 5V, so it should work as-is in this case. Haven't tried this ROM to flash part swap first-hand.

The MX23C6410 is rated for 5V, so it should work as-is in this case. Haven't tried this ROM to flash part swap first-hand.
It’s an obsolete mask rom though, are there blanks out there you can write once? They’re probably all sold out, or used and already have data on them

Ah, you’re right about the MX23C6410 being a mask ROM - good catch! My mistake. I’ll edit my earlier answer to remove the bad info in case someone Googles it down the road.

Back