What's new

DOGYUUN

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a New Astro City cab with a 400-5261 PSU.

I heard that some of the 400 series PSUs aren't compatible with CV1000B boards (newer cave boards)

Does anyone know if the 400-5261 has issues with these boards?

The 5261 is just fine. I have them in bith my New Astro cabs and play my CV-1000 PCBs all the time. Just make sure you dial down the volume as the CV1K boards don’t draw much.

Just a note, you are definitely not be able to play Cave CV-1000 PCBs if you have a “400-5198-01Y” or -01X (the silver ones) The “400-5198-01” or -01X are fine.

I’ve been down this rabbit hole with Astro City PSU’s so I can definitely confirm it’s an issue.

Thank you very much for your reply! Now I feel confident to try it out.

Really appreciate it.

Time for some Espgaluda 2 tonight!

Have fun, it’s a nice step up from Espgaluda 1!

I have another question about my Espgaluda II if you don't mind! It is my first Cave board so I don't know much about them.

There is a glue like residue on the board near this capacitor and also a chip. I was wondering if the capacitor is leaking?
I certainly hope not...

unnamed.jpg

that looks like Flux; perfectly normal and safe and is just residue left over from either manufacturing or a rework (like if the cap was replaced)

if it bothers you can you clean it up with some Isopropal Alcohol on a cotton swab

Back