What's new

skusuma

Professional
Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a CPS1 Street Fighter 2 World Warrior PCB a year ago and wasn't realized it's a hacked Thunder version. It plays like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nf0a2tcFM.

I'm thinking to restore to its original version. I would like to see if replacing all EPROMs marked with "SF" will restore it. Is there anyone can help me burning EPROMs that I circled on the attached B board picture and how much does it cost to burn them? I also attached the A board in case it's needed to know which files to burn.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• B board.jpg
    B board.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 135
  • B board without circle marks.jpg
    B board without circle marks.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 142
  • A board.jpg
    A board.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 127
From looking at Mame, it looks like you just need to replace the 8 eproms on the right (28-31 & 35-38).

You could get a cheap TL866 programmer and EPROM eraser and do it yourself? It's like a $60 investment.

Thanks for replying Nem. Yeah, looks like left-side eproms are still original.

Which ones are using? Will the ones on attached screenshot work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-184949.png
    Screenshot_20200905-184949.png
    523.3 KB · Views: 137
Those look fine. The programmer comes with some extra accessories you will possibly never use (the IC puller, adapters for SMD chips). You can grab the programmer $10-15 cheaper without them.

Thank you for this info, Nem. Thanks a lot for your help.

the pal next to the roms with hand labels may need to be replaced as well. Can't tell from the picture if it's original.

You're going to need to make sure you burn the roms from a set that matches the c board custom you have - CPS-b-17.

Oh and wheres your sound amp? Lol

YesAffinity,

Thank you for spotting them. Is the PAL next to hand label roms should have "IOB1" text printed on it? On ArcadeOtaku site based on my Capcom chip on C board, it says the B board PALs are STF29 & IOB1. I only found one with STF29 printed on it.
Can I program these PALs as well?

Which chip is the sound amp? Is it HAI3001? I couldn't get sound from this A board so what I did was swapping with my other CPS A board. I was trying to fix the sound previously by replacing z80 chip but still no sound.

I found the HA13001 amp chip on eBay but don't know how to find the heatsink the amp sit on it.

yes, it should have IOB1 printed on it like all other gal's have their designation printed on them.

I see you're in OC. I'm in San Diego. Shoot me a message with your address and I'll send you a heatsink. I've got at least one on a parts A board.

Back