What's new

Usukane

Student
Reaction score
Having problems with time crisis 4. It tries to boot but boots to black screen (only one side) P1 boots fine I’ve had problems with one in the past gave me some weird screen with a sequence of letters & numbers any insight? I’d like to get them repaired if able

Having problems with time crisis 4. It tries to boot but boots to black screen (only one side) P1 boots fine I’ve had problems with one in the past gave me some weird screen with a sequence of letters & numbers any insight? I’d like to get them repaired if able
It seems to be a hard drive issue, you can try to swap the hard drive from the good working pcb and put it in the other one. If the system boots with the good hard drive, then the hard drive in the bad system is dead and will need to be replaced.

It seems to be a hard drive issue, you can try to swap the hard drive from the good working pcb and put it in the other one. If the system boots with the good hard drive, then the hard drive in the bad system is dead and will need to be replaced.
Awesome I’ll try it out. Are the HDD easily cloneable?

Y
Awesome I’ll try it out. Are the HDD easily cloneable?
Yeah but I think you need a specific program to clone it or else your computer might do something that would render the working drive useless. I don’t know what the program is called but I think it’s mentioned around here on the forum. There’s also a CHD file of the drive available and you can use command prompt with CHD man to convert the CHD file to the hard drive.

Y

Yeah but I think you need a specific program to clone it or else your computer might do something that would render the working drive useless. I don’t know what the program is called but I think it’s mentioned around here on the forum. There’s also a CHD file of the drive available and you can use command prompt with CHD man to convert the CHD file to the hard drive.
Awesome thanks I’ll look into it

It was the HDD I swapped it out works fine thanks for the tip! I swear namco arcade boards are the biggest pieces of shit go out like.. all the time lol at least for me
Awesome! The hard drives they used are indeed crap and old at this point. At least the hard drives for the 2X6 hardware aren’t copy protected and can be backed up and duplicated :)

Back