What's new

darkairplane

Student
Reaction score
I was playing third strike and it randomly went to black I immediately turned it off and waited about five minutes. I checked all connections and I turned it back on and it has been running fine for the past hour now. Any ideas to what happened?? Reseat the cartridge?Should I replace my power supply? Has anyone ever experienced this random issue? Maybe someone in my house turned on the washing machine??? Lol.

Last edited:
First points of call:

Check your PSU/Voltages/Cab/Supergun.
Reseat the cartridge.
Reseat the SIMMs.

I reseated the cartridge. So far so good. I’ll report back if it happens again. I think I was playing with Hugo vs Yang when it happened if that would cause anything.

Nope. The cps-3,cartridge slot is notorious for problems like this. Clean your cart edge and also the cart slot and you should reap better results / longevity. Glad it was fixed easily.

Wrap a thin cloth over a credit card, thick business card or a piece of cardboard, douse it in Isopropyl and gently push it into the cartridge slot and out.

Be careful to use only a flat material like the cartridge edge and nothing thicker so you don’t stress the slot.

If you don’t have access to this. Covering the pins on the carts connector with Isopropyl and inserting removing a few times, then repeating can give some positive results also.

Back