What's new

bgwelistyl

Student
Reaction score
Hi, was curious what signs would indicate I bricked my netdimm? I'm almost certain I did.

When I first received it, I tried to update the firmware to 4.02 (originally was 3.17)

I didn't install the zero key chip while I was using the transfergame.exe

now when I insert the netdimm into the naomi, there is no signal to my test monitor (only for the netdimm). Game cartridges and turning on the naomi by itself will go into test mode no problem

Anybody confirm?

You get a black screen with the netdimm inserted?

Try booting it at least six times. So turn it on, wait one minute, nothing happens, turn off, turn it on again. Rinse and repeat.

I have four 4.02 dimms that regularly black screen. I have no idea why. They all work once I get them booted.

You get a black screen with the netdimm inserted?

Try booting it at least six times. So turn it on, wait one minute, nothing happens, turn off, turn it on again. Rinse and repeat.

I have four 4.02 dimms that regularly black screen. I have no idea why. They all work once I get them booted.
I tried for 5 times, maybe it should be 6 lol. But yeah it was black screened for every time, wasn’t even getting Naomi error screen.

But in all seriousness, I’ll try again tomorrow. (I’m still at version 3.17)

Have you checked your voltages? Are they in line? Dimms seem to be prone to dying from overvolting.

Also, what happened after transfergame.exe? Did it reboot after the transfer? Did you get to the update screen?

so it didn’t even get to the update screen to start updating the firmware (I suspect it was because I didn’t have the zero key installed).

My laptop flashed a couple of lines of weird symbols (it should have been alot more, as I’ve seen on videos) when I did transfergame.exe

What voltages do you check on netdimm?

3.3V and 5V. Measure them from the power input connectors on the front of the Naomi.

Back