What's new

CoolFox

Grand Master
Reaction score
So I got a Teradrive a while ago and honestly it's a really interesting piece of hardware. But as with most people that have it know, it has a couple of really annoying shortcomings. One of the bigger short comings is there is only 1 ISA slot and no -5v or -12v in the system, so that leaves out a lot of sound cards. To combat this I teamed up with a local friend and created this:

Photo Apr 09, 6 30 59 PM.jpg Photo Apr 09, 6 31 04 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 09, 6 31 31 PM.jpg

A brand new riser card for the Teradrive. It includes 2 ISA slots (one in the back for cards like SCSI cards or those XT-CF cards for HDDs) Or in my case I'm using it to connect to a Scsi card that connects to a SCSI2SD as a HDD and a CD drive. It also uses 2 MAX chips to supply -5 and -12v for the needed voltage for sound cards. I doubt I'll make many of these because there are about 10 of us that have a Teradrive. But yeah! I'll have some more announcements as I test things :)

Last edited:
Do you happen to have any left? if not is the file to make them available publicly at all?

Not atm im struggling for time to fix it first. I think its a power issue. Got lots of things going on atm so rather not add more to the list atm. Can i hit u back when ive caught up buddy?

Following this. Would be nice if you either sell more of these or release the production files, so others can do it for themselves.

Following this. Would be nice if you either sell more of these or release the production files, so others can do it for themselves.

Oh I'll do more. I'm also moving on to cooler things for the Teradrive as well....(cough cough replacing the Genesis/Megadrive riser card so it can actually hook up to a 32x....cough cough)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335458000629 that's where the new ISA boards are. If you want one just PM me here.

Down here is the prototype for the replacement Genesis/Megadrive riser card. This converts the top connector to another Megadrive/Genesis cart connector so you can plug the 32x into it without it looking stupid hanging off the Teradrive as the original pinout was some odd pinout they were possibly gonna use for the CD add on?

Photo Jun 25 2024, 11 11 52 AM.jpg

Back