What's new

DriftFan

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, Ive got an Initial D 4 dual cab that I am converting to also use Ringedge
I have purchased an Initial D 8 SSD and keychip from one seller as well as 2 Ringedge units from someone else, however when booting it just hangs on "Error 0025 Main Board Malfunctioning" on both.

Error.jpg

While I say that I have purchased Initial D 8 SSD, I have my doubts about it.
The SSD appears to be a real original GBDisk RS3 32gb but Ive noticed after my error and some digging that the chip code I have is SDEN while apprantly ID8 is SBZZ so this may be related to my error?
SSD front.jpg
Keychip.jpg

Removing the chip doesn't change the error so I don't think its getting as far as unlocking the game

Thanks for any advice

Probably the game expects a Ringedge1 motherboard and you have a Ringedge2 (or vice-versa).

As far as I am aware, I think have 2 of the ringedge 1. It has only 1gb ram and a NVIDIA 9600gs

1000007710.jpg
1000007712.jpg

Is there a way to tell the game to expect ringedge 2?

It's a Ringedge 1 and ID8 is a Ringedge 1 game you should be fine.

Since you're getting "Error 0025 Main Board Malfunctioning" you might want to try reseating the motherboard and parts as referenced in this post with similar issue.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ad-error-0025-lags-in-game.24661/#post-367872

Even though it seems unlikely since you say it happens on both though they may have got knocked around in shipping, and the keychip mismatch.

Last edited:
It's a Ringedge 1 and ID8 is a Ringedge 1 game you should be fine.

Since you're getting "Error 0025 Main Board Malfunctioning" you might want to try reseating the motherboard and parts as referenced in this post with similar issue.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ad-error-0025-lags-in-game.24661/#post-367872

Even though it seems unlikely since you say it happens on both though they may have got knocked around in shipping, and the keychip mismatch.
Just an update, I tried resetting the bios, no difference
Remove everything from the case and various parts no difference.
Removed the CPU cleaned the pins and board, re pasted and now it doesn't meet post.
But the green lights on the motherboard do light up.
If I put faulty ram in the motherboard it does beep the ram fail code
I put the cpu, GPU ram into the other ringedge and it does boot up but still the same error though.
So I'm thinking I may have just cooked one of my motherboards.
I did swap the cpu into the dud motherboard and nothing still.

SBXX is a ringedge 1 keychip, SDEN is a ringedge 2

0025Main board MalfunctioningBackup information (one of: TimezoneInfo, BackupInfo, HmPeakInfo, ErrorLogInfo) could not be loaded

Back